Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-working seats in BE AMS-MSP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:01 pm

Are you also getting the 15K miles, even though you were only effected by a very short period of time? Although I agree I would be outraged if I were effected, if I was moved no harm done. Those that were effected should write in.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
On a JFK - TLV flight in BE our IFE wouldn't work at all & the purser gave us each 15k miles. Then I wrote CS and said that wasn't enough for an 11 hour flight and I felt we deserved 30k total - so my wife & I got another 15k each. I was happy with the 30k each because it was an overnight flight and we just wanted to sleep and read anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rubesl
On a JFK - TLV flight in BE our IFE wouldn't work at all & the purser gave us each 15k miles. Then I wrote CS and said that wasn't enough for an 11 hour flight and I felt we deserved 30k total - so my wife & I got another 15k each. I was happy with the 30k each because it was an overnight flight and we just wanted to sleep and read anyway.
If you just wanted to sleep and read anyway, what was your "loss" from the broken IFE?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yamaka
Originally Posted by rubesl
If you just wanted to sleep and read anyway, what was your "loss" from the broken IFE?
Yeah that irritates me. 15k was a nice thank you. If you didn't care, great, you got a little bonus. But to exploit Delta for more even though you weren't affected in the slightest? Shame.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm surprised that the purser (or any other FA) didn't know how to move the seats manually. Aren't they taught how to do this on longhaul aircraft they fly? Or aren't they provided with directions in the documentation available during flight?
Old May 1, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm surprised that the purser (or any other FA) didn't know how to move the seats manually. Aren't they taught how to do this on longhaul aircraft they fly? Or aren't they provided with directions in the documentation available during flight?
The 747 flight I was on when my seat had issues only had 2 FAs that knew how to do the manual override. The purser was off duty in crew rest, so they had to go get a different FA that was in Y and he showed how to do it.
Old May 1, 2013, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AA,
If they hadn't moved us, I was prepared to insist that they figure out the manual recline. Still hard for me to understand how the FA's can just let people sleep on the floor. I guess if it were me, I'd have manually adjusted the seat.

IN any event, we were moved and will get some compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.