Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Diamond and Platinum domestic baggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond and Platinum domestic baggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler and Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tentseller
Umm, interesting.
WE can now recover our MR cost by playing courier.
+1 I could not resist...^
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Umm, interesting.
WE can now recover our MR cost by playing courier.
I would give up most of my check baggage allowance to not have to worry about the one or two TATL trips where I take my (foldable) bicycle and have to struggle to get down to 50lbs (55lbs would do me, so it's not a big difference) -- and deal with mis-calibrated scales in foreign stations.

If I ever do get hit with excess an weight charge, I may just start looking for courier work to offset it

With the exception of usually of that one trip a year (occasionally twice) I don't check luggage -- so that 210lbs (3x70) that I get for domestic travel is unused.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I would give up most of my check baggage allowance to not have to worry about the one or two TATL trips where I take my (foldable) bicycle and have to struggle to get down to 50lbs (55lbs would do me, so it's not a big difference) -- and deal with mis-calibrated scales in foreign stations.

If I ever do get hit with excess an weight charge, I may just start looking for courier work to offset it

With the exception of usually of that one trip a year (occasionally twice) I don't check luggage -- so that 210lbs (3x70) that I get for domestic travel is unused.
Have you check the price for UPS/FedEx overnight transcon delivery?
3 70lbs parcel will cost $1500
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Have you check the price for UPS/FedEx overnight transcon delivery?
3 70lbs parcel will cost $1500
That is my point -- I'd do for a tenth that to earn back the excess weight fee -- Have to be counter-to-counter though, don't do pickup and delivery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.