Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pay with Miles change now EARNS MQM's & RDM's if redeemed for 1st or business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay with Miles change now EARNS MQM's & RDM's if redeemed for 1st or business class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:39 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Same here. DCA-LAS. July 4th weekend. No issues.
What did the MQM calculator show at purchase?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:39 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by rylan
I recently flew on a BOS-LAS up front with partial pwm and received full miles/mqm credit.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
CLT-ATL o/w October xx (note -- I also tried r/t)
I had the same result that you did. Any PWM changed the MQM and RDM to 0.

I'd book it and then call to have it corrected since you can cancel the ticket if you can't get any help.

Since I can't find anything that works, we may be dealing with another unannounced enhancement.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
"Pay with Miles tickets booked in First or Business Class are eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments, and Medallion Qualification Miles."

This is a quote from the DL website. It appears that this benefit is not market specific.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Just booked a flight in P and it offered me the pwm option . Yea!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It showed the proper 150% earning for purchasing the P and A fares being booked.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Just booked a flight in P and it offered me the pwm option . Yea!
Did you choose PWM and if so, did if keep the 150% MQM?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Did you choose PWM and if so, did if keep the 150% MQM?
I did not because my employer is paying for the ticket.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
I'm trying to book a first-class PWM ticket, and the MQM calculator is showing "MQM = 0" no matter how I divide the price between cash and miles. What gives?
Perplexing. I've booked four of these in the last month. I did my original search for cheapest coach and then selected the G fare that was presented. I used a PWM for an amount to cover the difference between the SLUTXV and the G, with the residual going to my CC. The residual was greater than the original coach fare. I've booked these for myself PM DL Reserve and my wife GM DL Platinum.

If you want to either post or PM the specific routing and dates, I'll check it to see what result I get.
I just tried JFK-LAS and had the same issue, any PWM selection would not credit MQM. I then tried LGA-MSY which I not only have booked but where I've gotten the correct 150% MQM (for a flight this past Monday) and the same thing happened.

Since the T&C on the web page clearly states that you're eligible for the increased MQM, I'd try web support since it does appear to be yet another .bomb issue. Good Luck.

I'm having this problem too, today. I am trying to book RDU-LIM round trip for Aug/Sept and upgrade to BE using PWM (employer only reimburses coach). It's either an I or a Z fare, I believe.

I did this on a trip between the same origin/destination pair in June, n a Z fare, and had no issues at all, the calculator showed MQM/RDM earnings and I did earn them.

Now, the calculator goes to zero for both whenever I choose PWM.

I dropped the Delta.bomb complaint section a note about it....

Anyone book the PWM even with the calculator as zero and get the 150% MQMs?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes... I had one where the calculator showed some odd combination of normal credit along with 0 credit segments and it all posted properly.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by kitkat77
I'm having this problem too, today. I am trying to book RDU-LIM round trip for Aug/Sept and upgrade to BE using PWM (employer only reimburses coach). It's either an I or a Z fare, I believe.

I did this on a trip between the same origin/destination pair in June, n a Z fare, and had no issues at all, the calculator showed MQM/RDM earnings and I did earn them.

Now, the calculator goes to zero for both whenever I choose PWM.

I dropped the Delta.bomb complaint section a note about it....

Anyone book the PWM even with the calculator as zero and get the 150% MQMs?
I have noticed that it goes to 0 as soon as the amount of miles selected includes any part of the taxes. So if the fare is 900 and taxes are 300 of that it will zero when you select more than 60K miles.

Although I just tried a booking like yours and it shows 0 MQM's even when 10K picked.

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Jul 29, 2013 at 2:47 pm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I have noticed that it goes to 0 as soon as the amount of miles selected includes any part of the taxes. So if the fare is 900 and taxes are 300 of that it will zero when you select more than 60K miles.

Although I just tried a booking like yours and it shows 0 MQM's even when 10K picked.
Yeah, I knew that - it basically turns into an award ticket when you get it below the fare price.

I got a response from DL that said that "UP" fares don't show up properly Here is the quote from the email: "Because the actual fare is an economy fare, the itinerary is not showing as eligible for Mileage or MQM earnings."

She went on to say there was no way for me to even force the fare into a full BE fare class, and PWM is only available online so I'd have to contact the 24 hour online support desk to try and get them to book me into a class that would earn MQMs.

However, there was no indication that the miles wouldn't post properly even if the itinerary calculator was wrong, so I responded asking if UP fares are indeed not eligible for MQM earnings using PWM.

If they are not, then DL really needs to get their act together with how they advertise their UP fares. I realize this topic has been discussed elsewhere at FT, but geez.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've booked several UP fares using partial PWM and all received correct MQM credit.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by rylan
I've booked several UP fares using partial PWM and all received correct MQM credit.
I booked one myself, same itinerary as the one that is no longer calculating correctly.

I am hoping this isn't a new "enhancement" and is just yet another Delta IT glitch.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've learned not to trust the mqm calculator... too many times its shown horribly wrong info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.