non-EC seats on 757-200 transcon w/BE

Old Mar 3, 13, 2:51 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Programs: Delta plebe
Posts: 475
non-EC seats on 757-200 transcon w/BE

I could use some advice on seating for a 757 flight - it looks like it's the http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...-200ER_75E.php seat map. It's the 757-200 w/BusinessElite and EC only for A-C, Rows 19-22.

Can anyone confirm that 19 D/E seats recline? I don't see any indications at all warning about limited recline seating, so I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!
jb008 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 2:58 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Posts: 758
Originally Posted by jb008 View Post
I could use some advice on seating for a 757 flight - it looks like it's the http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...-200ER_75E.php seat map. It's the 757-200 w/BusinessElite and EC only for A-C, Rows 19-22.

Can anyone confirm that 19 D/E seats recline? I don't see any indications at all warning about limited recline seating, so I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!
They do. Although I found these seats to be very narrow. Stay away from 19F as well. You have the emergency slide pretty much in your lap - no leg room whatsoever. 18D&E really are the best on this flight (outside of 18 B&C)
JGfromOC is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 3:12 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Posts: 10,163
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html - see post #34.

rwoman is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 3:17 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Programs: Delta plebe
Posts: 475
thanks for the quick reply! Will 18 D/E recline? Also do they have any storage - since they look like bulkhead seats - I know some bulkheads (I forgot which) have some storage space inset into the wall for that reason. I've got 19D/E reserved right now, but 18D/E is open at the moment...
jb008 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 3:33 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 13,115
recline yes, storage no
jrl767 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 3:44 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Programs: Delta plebe
Posts: 475
Thanks everyone for the input!
jb008 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 4:57 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CHA/TYS
Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Posts: 2,840
[QUOTE=JGfromOC;20353165Stay away from 19F as well. You have the emergency slide pretty much in your lap - no leg room whatsoever. [/QUOTE]

i found that out the hard way earlier this year
mrredskin is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 4:59 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: JFK/LGA
Posts: 1,329
19 D/E are probably the worst seats on the plane. Due to slide 19F has to use part of 19E which in turn affects 19D. Also no extra legroom. If you do not want a bulkhead (though 18D/E and 36 B/C/D/E are the only non-EC with extra legroom and are the best non-EC seats) you might want to try for 35 D/E/F even though recline is not the same
nystateofmind is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 5:10 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western NY
Programs: Delta plebe
Posts: 475
Wait - are the ECs on the transcon 757 w/BE setup as the extra recline EC seats a la int'l setups? I did try looking through the EC sticky thread but didn't see anything about that.

Otherwise I thought EC just had more legroom, I thought domestic EC didn't recline any more than regular ole' Y seats.
jb008 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 6:11 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: JFK/LGA
Posts: 1,329
Originally Posted by jb008 View Post
Wait - are the ECs on the transcon 757 w/BE setup as the extra recline EC seats a la int'l setups? I did try looking through the EC sticky thread but didn't see anything about that.

Otherwise I thought EC just had more legroom, I thought domestic EC didn't recline any more than regular ole' Y seats.
Yes the 75E has extra recline in EC as it is technically an international aircraft though domestic flights get domestic service in coach
nystateofmind is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 6:37 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL/LAX
Posts: 4,867
18 B/C and D/E have unlimited legroom, but B/C has the EC recline. D/E is closer to the bulkhead wall and you can see into the port lavatory.

If you're not in a rush to get off the plane, I prefer the 2nd cabin bulkhead to row 18.
amolkold is offline  
Old Mar 3, 13, 6:56 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP | SPG Gold | AMEX PLAT |
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by nystateofmind View Post
19 D/E are probably the worst seats on the plane. Due to slide 19F has to use part of 19E which in turn affects 19D. Also no extra legroom. If you do not want a bulkhead (though 18D/E and 36 B/C/D/E are the only non-EC with extra legroom and are the best non-EC seats) you might want to try for 35 D/E/F even though recline is not the same
I'm writing this from 35D right now. Flew 18D on the way out. I think the recline on 35DEF is slightly more than row 18, and there are nifty leg rests at this row. The seat pitch is immense. Probably an inch or two more than EC. However this row has a few drawbacks: it's literally right by the lavs, so at times you may have queuing pax butts right at face level. And you will have to wait years upon deplaning.

Just a note about the bulkhead at 18. If you're in 18D and have long legs, you can stretch them into the galley space for most of the flight. If you're in 18E the wall might be a little close for comfort. I'm 6ft and stay away from that seat for a reason.
COnned is offline  
Old Aug 13, 13, 5:57 am
  #13  
Moderator: Travel with Pets
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by COnned View Post
I'm writing this from 35D right now. Flew 18D on the way out. I think the recline on 35DEF is slightly more than row 18, and there are nifty leg rests at this row. The seat pitch is immense. Probably an inch or two more than EC. However this row has a few drawbacks: it's literally right by the lavs, so at times you may have queuing pax butts right at face level. And you will have to wait years upon deplaning.
My question is regarding preferred seat selection for a JFK-SFO transcon and the equipment appears to be the 75E with 16 B/E seats. If I have to choose between 35 D/E vs. 36 B/C & 36 D/E for my wife and myself as I am using a AMEX companion coupon for her which is a better choice? Is row 36 a true bulkhead row where you have issues extending your feet if you are tall?

Incidentally, to the best of my knowledge 35 D/E/F are the crew rest seats for international flights which is why you have the extra recline and leg rests.
RSSrsvp is offline  
Old Aug 13, 13, 6:11 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Posts: 10,163
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp View Post
My question is regarding preferred seat selection for a JFK-SFO transcon and the equipment appears to be the 75E with 16 B/E seats. If I have to choose between 35 D/E vs. 36 B/C & 36 D/E for my wife and myself as I am using a AMEX companion coupon for her which is a better choice? Is row 36 a true bulkhead row where you have issues extending your feet if you are tall?

Incidentally, to the best of my knowledge 35 D/E/F are the crew rest seats for international flights which is why you have the extra recline and leg rests.
Looking at seat guru (LINK) it shows green for 35DEF and does identify them as crew rest with leg rests.

Row 36 is the exit and a far enough from the bulkhead/FA seat, you'd have plenty of room. My sister has sat there and said it was good.
rwoman is offline  
Old Aug 13, 13, 7:09 am
  #15  
Moderator: Travel with Pets
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by rwoman View Post
Looking at seat guru (LINK) it shows green for 35DEF and does identify them as crew rest with leg rests.

Row 36 is the exit and a far enough from the bulkhead/FA seat, you'd have plenty of room. My sister has sat there and said it was good.
So I still be better off with 35 D/E/F (if available) as it has more recline vs. the exit row 36 plus there are the leg rests and you can stow items on the floor under the seat in front of you, correct?
RSSrsvp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread