FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - non-EC seats on 757-200 transcon w/BE
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:56 pm
COnned

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
19 D/E are probably the worst seats on the plane. Due to slide 19F has to use part of 19E which in turn affects 19D. Also no extra legroom. If you do not want a bulkhead (though 18D/E and 36 B/C/D/E are the only non-EC with extra legroom and are the best non-EC seats) you might want to try for 35 D/E/F even though recline is not the same
I'm writing this from 35D right now. Flew 18D on the way out. I think the recline on 35DEF is slightly more than row 18, and there are nifty leg rests at this row. The seat pitch is immense. Probably an inch or two more than EC. However this row has a few drawbacks: it's literally right by the lavs, so at times you may have queuing pax butts right at face level. And you will have to wait years upon deplaning.

Just a note about the bulkhead at 18. If you're in 18D and have long legs, you can stretch them into the galley space for most of the flight. If you're in 18E the wall might be a little close for comfort. I'm 6ft and stay away from that seat for a reason.