Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The CRJ 200 fleet is getting out of hand...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The CRJ 200 fleet is getting out of hand...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't any aircraft with FC better than a plane without FC?
Well true but that is because as I have got older I like my creature comforts and ever since I made PM and then recently DM, I have grown accustomed to sitting up front a lot. I do not want to appear a flying snob.

I do not like the ERJ 145s either I flew for quite a number of year on CO between MCI-IAH; MCI-CLE and MCI-EWR. I got more upgrades when I flew on Northwest Airlines metal as a CO elite than I did on CO!!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Thanks for the comedic relief today guys. Right now I type from my graciously accepted ML MD88 route from ATL to LEX. I have managed to only flown about 20 or so segments on the CR2 and every one of them had elements of the described torture "enhancements" described above.

Drunk on Woodford,
Jesse
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I don't see very many 50-seat CRJ200 flights being upgraded to 100+ seat 717s. The FL 717s are coming to replace the remaining DC-9s and perhaps some MD-88 routes (where the MD-88 is too large).

The CRJ200 fleet reduction is more dependent on the delivery of the additional 76-seaters (E175s). Upgauging a 50-seat plane to a 76-seat plane looks a lot more likely than doubling the capacity to a 100+ seat plane.

Some current 76-seater flights might get a 717, which would indirectly free up a 76-seater to replace some 50-seaters.
Sadly, my home airport is too small to rate > 50 seats due to infrastructure issues. If we are lucky, maybe the authority will make the airport upgrades before DL runs out of working CRJ200s.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I don't see very many 50-seat CRJ200 flights being upgraded to 100+ seat 717s. The FL 717s are coming to replace the remaining DC-9s and perhaps some MD-88 routes (where the MD-88 is too large).

The CRJ200 fleet reduction is more dependent on the delivery of the additional 76-seaters (E175s). Upgauging a 50-seat plane to a 76-seat plane looks a lot more likely than doubling the capacity to a 100+ seat plane.

Some current 76-seater flights might get a 717, which would indirectly free up a 76-seater to replace some 50-seaters.
Actually Delta says the 717s will replace the CRJs on a capacity-neutral basis:

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1661

David
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

I do not like the ERJ 145s either I flew for quite a number of year on CO between MCI-IAH; MCI-CLE and MCI-EWR. I got more upgrades when I flew on Northwest Airlines metal as a CO elite than I did on CO!!
One of the greatest things about being elite on CO used to be the upgrades on NW flights.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

Endeavor (DL Owned) is replacing their 200's with 900's.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
The CCC seats are located on the wing, in honor of their namesake, George Carlin: (" 'Let's all get on the plane!' [Bleep] you lady, I'm getting IN the plane. Let Evel Kanevil get ON the plane.")
Thanks for this - I had vaguely remembered this show, and looked it up on youtube over the weekend and had a good laugh.

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Endeavor (DL Owned) is replacing their 200's with 900's.
900s are tolerable.

I wish they'd replace the in/out to CVG with something other than 200s. The schedule through there is always better for me but I choose to go through ATL and get MD88/757 instead.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Thanks for this - I had vaguely remembered this show, and looked it up on youtube over the weekend and had a good laugh.

900s are tolerable.

I wish they'd replace the in/out to CVG with something other than 200s. The schedule through there is always better for me but I choose to go through ATL and get MD88/757 instead.
900s have AC and my Gold friends tell me the seats in back are pretty comfy.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
900s have AC and my Gold friends tell me the seats in back are pretty comfy.
What about your Platinum friends - do they get comfy seats?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
What about your Platinum friends - do they get comfy seats?
They do not speak unless spoken to...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't any aircraft with FC better than a plane without FC?
Depends on where you're sitting. While I don't go out of my way to fly on CRJ's, I'd take 1B/C on a CRJ over many regular Y seats on aircraft with FC, especially if I knew my chances of getting upgraded to that FC seat were slim to none.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Depends on where you're sitting. While I don't go out of my way to fly on CRJ's, I'd take 1B/C on a CRJ over many regular Y seats on aircraft with FC, especially if I knew my chances of getting upgraded to that FC seat were slim to none.
Not me. I'd rather be on a plane with a wider aisle, air conditioning and windows I can actually see out of. Not to mention the chance of getting an exit row or EC seat once others are upgraded, assuming I couldn't get one to begin with.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
1B/C on a CRJ is like putting ketchup on a s*** sandwich. Either way, its still s***.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Not me. I'd rather be on a plane with a wider aisle, air conditioning and windows I can actually see out of. Not to mention the chance of getting an exit row or EC seat once others are upgraded, assuming I couldn't get one to begin with.
Originally Posted by rylan
1B/C on a CRJ is like putting ketchup on a s*** sandwich. Either way, its still s***.
I'm simply stating what I prefer. Each person values different things, and at 6'4, I don't fit in regular coach seats, so the thing I value most is legroom. If reasonable seats on a mainline jet are available, I'll take the mainline over the CRJ any day, but IMO, many regular Y seats on mainline jets are worse than 1B/C on a CRJ. The other 48 seats on the CRJ? Yea, they're worse than almost all the other seats on a mainline jet but a CRJ flight in 1B/C is usually tolerable.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by rylan
Agreed.

Although, without 1B/C, you'd avoid the pleasure of getting smacked in the head by 46 bags upon boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.