Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The CRJ 200 fleet is getting out of hand...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The CRJ 200 fleet is getting out of hand...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by CTJoyce
They still do. Compass and Shuttle America fly E-Jets (170 and 175). Chautauqua flies the ERJ145. S5 and Chautauqua are both east coast based and Compass flights all seem to be to / from MSP.

With a cabin refresh they wouldn't be bad little aircraft, but when you get on a trashed aircraft after either crew or MX related delays (looking at you Pinacle) it doesn't help you relax and settle in for the flight.
FC on the E-170 and E-175 is amazing. I don't think there is another DL domestic plane that has that amount of recline. Plus you don't have to gate-check your bag, which saves at least 10 minutes (or 45 min. in DTW).

DL seems to use them on routes that don't fill the planes, though, and then they put CRJ-700s on the most popular routes. I would think they would want their best regional jets on their busiest routes....
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by JW6130
FC on the E-170 and E-175 is amazing. I don't think there is another DL domestic plane that has that amount of recline. Plus you don't have to gate-check your bag, which saves at least 10 minutes (or 45 min. in DTW).

DL seems to use them on routes that don't fill the planes, though, and then they put CRJ-700s on the most popular routes. I would think they would want their best regional jets on their busiest routes....
Everything about the E-Jets are amazing, even in the back. They have the widest Y seats in the fleet, and like you said the overhead bins accommodate full size luggage. And you are right, I wish they would size them a little better because as much as I love my ROC-LGA flights on an E175, I feel it would have better use on a longer route.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Is there data out there that shows how often the 200s delay and cancel? My personal experiences of late are frustratingly poor.
I've got no hard data to give you, but as someone who works these airplanes day in and day out, I can attest (not 100%, though, since I do need a day off here and there...) that the number of cancels caused by something with the airplane itself is pretty small. As for initial delays for MX, it's also fairly small; although, a sizeable chunk of those is because MX took a while to actually show up at the airplane.

All things considered, these planes are pretty reliable with how many cycles and hours they rack up per day.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
CRJ 200 discount

Here's the deal, if we theoretically have to pay more for First Class and EC seats, it only seems logical that we get discounts for flying CRJ 200s.

We should also have our choice of an opiate based medication and/or general anesthesia when flying them.

Other ideas would be to give us all clown suits so when we pile out of one the kids will get a laugh.

I know the technology exists as I was swimming in the pool this weekend and it was a tad chilly,but perhaps Delta can shrink us so we can fit in the plane.

I won't miss these planes,even though they are so dependable and always on time and flown by experienced aviators...

I would add more, but they don't have wireless on these and Atilla's grandma really want me to turn this off....

Pray for me....
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

We should also have our choice of an opiate based medication and/or general anesthesia when flying them.
Will a Triple Woodford do you?

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Oct 18, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, MR Platinum
Here's the deal, if we theoretically have to pay more for First Class and EC seats, it only seems logical that we get discounts for flying CRJ 200s.
Or 500 Sky Pesos and an apology email for flying a CRJ 200!!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I know the technology exists as I was swimming in the pool this weekend and it was a tad chilly,but perhaps Delta can shrink us so we can fit in the plane.
LOL I just re-watched "The Hamptons" episode of Seinfeld yesterday! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DoARSlv-HU SHRINKAGE!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
A few other items to compensate CRJ passengers:

- In flight masseuse. Ever tried to look out the window of a CRJ?
- Straight Jackets (Expert Flyer subscribers only). To keep them form assaulting *any* Delta employee, let alone the poor CRJ crews.
- Restoration of better booze in SkyKlub. Throw us a bone. We need to fold ourselves in half just to get in those consarned Barbie Jets.

This stuff writes itself.

c|d
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM

Other ideas would be to give us all clown suits so when we pile out of one the kids will get a laugh.

I won't miss these planes,even though they are so dependable and always on time and flown by experienced aviators...

I would add more, but they don't have wireless on these and Atilla's grandma really want me to turn this off....

Pray for me....

Flip side is they'll send you a due bill when you get a MX swap from an MD-80 to a 777
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
My butt hurts...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:38 pm

You all are lucky you are not stuck in YWG. As a diamond elite, I get a steady diet of two legs being stuck in CRJ's. Back in the NWA days, we got 320's, 319's, DC9s. Now we get the broken down CRJ's. This Mon/Tues, two of them broke down (one cancelled, one delayed 6 hours!!!).
Delta Sux
Brian
Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL- DM/3MM, HH- Lifetime Diamond

"The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival". Class dismissed.

What would Scooby Doo?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I like the CRJ but I can understand why the majority doesn't. I can't agree with the crack about inexperienced flight crews. Far more mainline pilots have killed passengers on mainline jets than the rj pilots. And I was really uncomfortable when they raised the retirement age to 65. There have been a number of pilots over 65 who have had heart attacks at the controls since the increase in age. Flying for a career takes a toll on the body and when you get that old in my opinion you are just asking for trouble. I'll take a young pilot any day over an old and complacent one.

BTW, how in the world some of these pilots pass their medical is a mystery to me. Not long ago I was on an MD-88 and one of the pilots was so large I couldn't see around him. I'll never be able to figure out how he was able to pull back on the control column.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Don't give them excuses to turn down the heat so that we all fit in tiny seats.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
My butt hurts...
Just wait 'til you read about nuking EF RU/OU upgrade availability! Your butt will really hurt then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.