Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiting in ATLANTA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks for responses. No, I am in the air enough not to take what a GA states as 100% factual. The pilot was pretty cool and he validated that he plane was there, not a replacement, just that a tug broke down and caused the 2 hour delay. I still find it a bi lengthy to move the plane. Just an opinion.

Bottom line is we got there safely, albeit late.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
It looks like the delay somehow snowballed into a hair less than 2 hours.

https://www.delta.com/flifo/servlet/...3&request=main
With how well coordinated everything is once you are off schedule you are toast. I have never seen a minor issue take less than an hour.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:17 am

i once waited for well over an hour at LGA terminal D for a plane to be towed to a gate, and we could see the plane sitting a couple hundred feet away. i was standing next to the pilot looking out of one of the windows and asked "is that ours?" he just let out a giant sigh and said "yup".

point is: we are all at the mercy of the workings of ground operations, and they often work in mysterious ways
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Unless the plane is in a hangar, why couldn't it just taxi to the gate under its own power?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Unless the plane is in a hangar, why couldn't it just taxi to the gate under its own power?
One word: Fuel
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by WidgetHead
One word: Fuel
That one word is code for "Your time and satisfaction are worth much less to us than some jet fuel."
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by BobH
That's for posting -- that thing could do anything !

Bob H
That thing could suck the paint off your house and give your family a permanent orange afro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.