Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compare AF Premium Economy and DL EC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I haven't flown it so I may not be right, but my impression was the food was coach food, but you got a better seat and in a separate cabin so you got more attentive service than coach.

You also get MQM and RDM bonuses with AF PV.
I've flown PE on AF to Asia by way of CDG twice -- so a total of 7 flights (managed to upgrade one trans-Atl with miles from PE to AF business but that's not so possible any more).
Different seat, slides down rather than reclines so in addition to more pitch, the person in front of you doesn't recline into your space, also a bit wider. Business class duvet and pillow and a very nice amenity kit, maybe the same as the business class. The first time (November 2011 to Cambodia) I think the food was the standard coach meal; the second (November 2012 to Hong Kong) the meal seemed better and came with a menu card, etc.

Also, it earns a 25% base miles bonus and a 50% EQM bonus in fare classes S,A,W. And flying to Asia you get a stopover in Europe -- so better seat, lots of miles and the stopover for $2300 to $2700 to Asia if you plan it well.

From the east coast of the US it isn't a bad way to go to Asia.
tom
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
duplicate post, sorry
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by wp_kid
More legroom and recline (and the bulkhead seats have the raised footrests too), amenity kit, blanket, and pillow same as J, food similar to Y except for champagne and Valrhona chocolates after the main meal. If you have the option of flying the a380, take the window seat to have additional storage bin on your side.

These and the additional MQMs are what you should assess whether it's worth $500 more to you, vs. just the additional legroom with EC.
You get a pillow and blanket but they are not the J pillow and blanket. Slightly smaller.

All alcohol is complimentary on AF flights (internationally). I believe the deal with lounge access is that you will get CDG 2E access only.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I am still confused about having complementary lounge access in CDG if you fly PV.
If you're travelling in PV, that's not complimentary (unless you have a ST E+ status) but possible for a fee of 25 to 35€ (I don't remember which one for CDG).
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will the 150% MQM for AF PV continue after March 1? For all PV fares or just the most expensive one that corresponds to DL W?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Nico40
If you're travelling in PV, that's not complimentary (unless you have a ST E+ status) but possible for a fee of 25 to 35€ (I don't remember which one for CDG).
There's a loophole where if you are continuing on in PV intra-Europe (which is called something different?) then you do get lounge access in Europe. So when we flew ATL-CDG-ATH, we had lounge access at CDG. Of course, we also only had 2hr to connect so no time for lounge access....That trip was when I was FO, so the lounge access was for PV (A/W fare) not because of elite status. At the time, the Air France board here was very helpful in explaining the complexities of the system to me (also get Acces 1 lines for immigration, which was very helpful)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
There's a loophole where if you are continuing on in PV intra-Europe (which is called something different?) then you do get lounge access in Europe. So when we flew ATL-CDG-ATH, we had lounge access at CDG. Of course, we also only had 2hr to connect so no time for lounge access....That trip was when I was FO, so the lounge access was for PV (A/W fare) not because of elite status. At the time, the Air France board here was very helpful in explaining the complexities of the system to me (also get Acces 1 lines for immigration, which was very helpful)
How about if you are continuing PV to Africa/Asia?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
How about if you are continuing PV to Africa/Asia?
Sorry - not sure, but if it's not clear on the AF website, I'd ask or search in the AF forum....
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by xmurphy
Maybe I'm only one, but I don't like AF PE seats.
I'm 6'4" and footrest is totally unusable for me, because it doesn't start under knees.
I also find seats very hard. I made 8 longhauls in PE in 2 months in 2011 and my ... still remember

On other hand my wife who is 5'4" likes it very much...
I agree. I really have problems sleeping in these seats, to the point that I have declined upgrades to PE. The seats are too hard and they're just more uncomfortable for my size (around 6'5"). I sleep better in the normal economy seats (i.e., I can sleep in the economy seats, but I can't in PE).
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Is PV upgradable with a SWU on DL and/or AF ticket stock?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Is PV upgradable with a SWU on DL and/or AF ticket stock?
Well, it was last summer when I did just that, booking a DL "W" fare and then using a SWU to move up to J on the AF code share.. Of course, do to this, "O" inventory has to be available for your desired flight.

However, there now seems to be some doubt about being able to do this anymore.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Upgrade to PV

How can you upgrade to PV from basic econ. What fare bucket does the econ have to be, etc. Sorry if this is covered, but I can't find it on delta.dumb Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by poppabear
How can you upgrade to PV from basic econ. What fare bucket does the econ have to be, etc. Sorry if this is covered, but I can't find it on delta.dumb Thanks

See post #2, number 6:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html

Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
To be honest I felt very cramped in AF PV. I am 6'3 and felt like the seat was uncomfortable and lacked padding in the butt area. I went numb several times. The recline feature is useless unless you are short and it frankly gets in the way. Those are my .02. YMMV. DL EC is pretty decent. If you can grab a Exit row that would be my play.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL
we had the 2 seats beside the window and we felt like we were in our own(small) private space. We both loved the extra space, it was well worth the money. we flew dtw/bcn and dbx/cdg/dtw.
economy comfort could not compare with PV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.