Compare AF Premium Economy and DL EC

Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold

From US to Europe, price is around $500 more with AF.

Never been on either on long haul. Was in Affaires once but the price is too high now.

Pros and cons? Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
EC is just extra legroom and spirits.
AF PE is another type of cabin and service and gets you more amenities. Priority check-in/boarding/better food.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
You cannot compare. AF is offering premium economy, a completely different class of service with completely different seats and arrangement. Delta is offering Economy Comfort-which is nothing more than a few more inches of leg room. Just another thing wrong with US carriers.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
EC is just extra legroom and spirits.
AF PE is another type of cabin and service and gets you more amenities. Priority check-in/boarding/better food.
I haven't flown it so I may not be right, but my impression was the food was coach food, but you got a better seat and in a separate cabin so you got more attentive service than coach.

You also get MQM and RDM bonuses with AF PV.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

The entree is Y. The starter is C like.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
The entree is Y. The starter is C like.
Thanks, didn't know that.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Muuuch better experience all around and you get 50% more MQMs.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Thanks, didn't know that.
Used to be same meal as Y, got sightly improved recently.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...stauration.htm

and for OP, here is a description of the AF premium economy cabin:

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...omy_a_bord.htm

Finally, Premium Economy fare earns 150% MQM.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I'm short so the AF PV seats are great, the seat fits me perfect and the recline in a shell works for me. I could see how it wouldn't work as well for people over 5'10".

I can actually sleep in PV, I think the leg support and the adjustable headrest is what makes it work for me.

For me it has been in the $1600 range for AF PV and $1200 for delta coach and I've been taking the AF, even though CDG is a cluster compared to AMS.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by teCh0010
I'm short so the AF PV seats are great, the seat fits me perfect and the recline in a shell works for me. I could see how it wouldn't work as well for people over 5'10".

I can actually sleep in PV, I think the leg support and the adjustable headrest is what makes it work for me.

For me it has been in the $1600 range for AF PV and $1200 for delta coach and I've been taking the AF, even though CDG is a cluster compared to AMS.
My husband feels the same way. (he's 5'8") I can sleep in coach or EC on delta but he cannot, whereas he's able to sleep on the AF PV flights we've taken. The amenity bags changed from Sept 2011 to Nov 2012 (my 2 PV comparison flights) I was bummed not to have any Clarins moisturizer But the blankets were better. I don't think you get free cocktails like you would with delta international EC, but I'm not sure. You do get the wine, beer & after dinner drinks you would get in coach AF or KLM though, and that's always been all I want or need anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Maybe I'm only one, but I don't like AF PE seats.
I'm 6'4" and footrest is totally unusable for me, because it doesn't start under knees.
I also find seats very hard. I made 8 longhauls in PE in 2 months in 2011 and my ... still remember

On other hand my wife who is 5'4" likes it very much...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
More legroom and recline (and the bulkhead seats have the raised footrests too), amenity kit, blanket, and pillow same as J, food similar to Y except for champagne and Valrhona chocolates after the main meal. If you have the option of flying the a380, take the window seat to have additional storage bin on your side.

These and the additional MQMs are what you should assess whether it's worth $500 more to you, vs. just the additional legroom with EC.

Last edited by wp_kid; Feb 7, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
I flew TATL PV last weekend and can confirm that while the entree is Y, the appetizer and desserts are different. You get a real pillow and blanket, btl water and amenity kit (half contents of Affaires). The seat surface articulates/slides cradle like (two buttons, just up and down) with good leg raise and footrest. Reports are true that its thin/uncomfortable at shoulder level. No lounge access unless Elite+.

I understand that inter-Europe the food is the same as business, just no free middle seat. Within France (I flew W last week) all seats/service is the same onboard.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL-DM
AF premium economy is MUCH better than basic DL ec..........worth the extra $ in my opinion
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:28 pm
Suspended

I am still confused about having complementary lounge access in CDG if you fly PV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.