Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta in talks to purchase of new jets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by squatch
i'm not buying that there is a 'fundamental deficiency' in airbus cockpit design, even if Sully says so. i think that the airbus/boeing debate is as fundamentally useless as a ford/chevy debate.

using AF447 as some sort of indication of fleet-wide safety is the same as using the 787's combustible batteries as judgement on boeing safety. the truth is that both fleets are fundamentally safe.

this debate has raged elsewhere on flyertalk to predictably unresolved ends. my point in THIS THREAD is to say that it does not matter what aircraft delta buys as long as the cabin is outfitted comfortably. when it comes down to the "should i fly X over Y" questions, it never boils down to the aircraft manufacturer, but only to how comfortable the plane is inside. this is what truly matters.
To-may-to, to-mah-to...

I agree with your implied point that it is best not to debate this here.

But I think you are way off with your analogy to the 787 issue.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ellis01
We can agree. (Just to be clear that my original post indicated that the 757 was not in production any longer.)

It's all good.
Originally Posted by ellis01
Understood. (and I agree ... I would have never thought the 737 would outlive the 757 ... and by a long time period.)
Thank you for your understanding. I appreciate that. You can owe me an apology. You have respect me and don't try to be rude at me.

Right, the entire 757 is out of production. There is no way to restore the 757 production for any much longer.

PS. I wear a different glasses with the contacts lenses.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Don't think they will need them in case of a mass exodus.
"In case of a FF Program change, Frequent Fliers can exit the plane <here>, <here>, and <here>"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.