Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Builderman
Sure, but that has nothing to do with what you said. You can have a 057 (AF) issued ticket with DL marketed (flights with a DL 1234) flights on them. You can have a 006 issued ticket with KL marketed flights on them. I fly these all the time to and from Europe. The MQD rules say you get credit for spend on both 006 issued tickets and for DL marketed flights on other ticket stock.
If you believe that "marketed" equals "flight number".

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I am suggesting that DL management, in this case, might know precisely what they are doing. I am suggesting that I expect further changes in the program, and that DL management has become wise enough to recognize that they need to make those changes in an incremental fashion.
^ Indeed, Rome was not built in a day, nor has Delta executed its strategic plans in a day (although if Rome were Delta's IT infrastructure it would never have been built).

Thank goodness AA appears to have escaped the claws of Atlanta.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Folks, please refrain from making personal remarks directed at other members. They will be deleted and if you violate the TOS the moderators will act accordingly.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
How does one purchase a ticket on AF and manage to get a ticket number beginning 006?

Serious question...
What does "on AF" mean?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Dwayne, you say that redemption levels will remain the same yet you also say you will keep us posted with future updates. I take that to mean redemption levels are changing and DL is just holding back on telling us. It would not be the first time Delta has pulled a bait and switch on us like this. Are we to assume that our miles are essentially devalued more than a Zimbabwean dollar with this change? That has not been addressed, and the concern by frequent flyers is out of control on this issue with no clue by DL phone agents (who are still trying to cope with website complaints). Can you please clarify this for us once and for all!?
....and I am sure that your oh-so-professional phrasing will surely get the attention of a DL representative and convince them to respond in this forum. Furthermore, it cements you as a serious business traveler that would contribute to the bottom line of DL.
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
DL directly confirms this is the case.

PLEASE STOP POSTING INCORRECT INFORMATION.

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Builderman
What does "on AF" mean?
Air France
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
To me it seems that this is a reasonable change. I am a DM and haven't run the numbers yet, but since most (not all) of my travel is business travel I believe I will hit the $12,500. Did I top off my travel with a couple of near mileage runs? Yes and I don't think that will change. If at the end of the year, I am short either miles or spend I may choose to invest in my status.

It may be interesting to see how VDB voucher count (or don't count) toward spend.

Now if they keep moving those dollar thresholds up each year, that could change my opinion.

Originally Posted by liuenci
I applause Delta for doing this. As a high rev customer who has seen the ranks of DM swell as the year goes on, I think this will begin to make DM what it should be. Any DM that doesn't spend 12.5k is not doing much for Delta bottom line. I spend about 30-40k annually so no worry. I think 90% DMs have nothing to worry about.

Folks here just can't stand change.
Suspended

Originally Posted by pbarnette
DL defines "marketed" as carrying a DL code. This is explicitly spelled out in the FAQ.
Link?

Programs: DL DM
I can't wait until UA announces this as well...they tried last year. Now, there is no reason not to. Then, AA will follow. Finally!

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
"when flying a Delta-marketed flight (indicated with a DL in the flight number)."

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ith-delta.html

I don't know or care what IATA's definition of marketed is. But Delta's, for the purposes of Skymiles, is that you're on a flight with a DL flight number.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by apwessen
Do you actually travel for work? In a normal travel week, I spend $500 on a flight, $400 on rental car, $400 on a hotel and $200 on food/entertainment. That's $1500 per week of travel all on the Delta AMEX. So if you just traveled two weeks a month, that's more than $25k. It's not irresponsible, it's actually traveling for work and being smart enough to stick to a single credit card.
^ You don't even have to travel for work (and heck, even when I do travel for work, my major expenses - plane ticket, rental car, and hotel - are required to go on the government travel card). My apartment complex DOES accept American Express. I've yet to go to a gas station or hotel where they don't take AmEx. The places least likely to take American Express are Mom & Pop stores. But I put just about everything on my AmEx and pay it all off once a month. Like you said - it's not irresponsible but rather quite smart.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: 1st Class Only
Rollover Issue

Rollover MQMs will not change with the new program. As long as you earn Medallion status based on the new requirements, any MQMs in excess of the threshold needed for status earned will roll over.

So, I have 5 gazillion MQMs, but if I don't spend at least $2,500 annually starting in 2014 I will lose ALL my MQMs! Am I right? I hope not.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by apwessen
Do you actually travel for work? In a normal travel week, I spend $500 on a flight, $400 on rental car, $400 on a hotel and $200 on food/entertainment. That's $1500 per week of travel all on the Delta AMEX. So if you just traveled two weeks a month, that's more than $25k.
My employers have required that I pay for work travel using the card provided by them; I am not allowed to charge work travel expenses onto a personal card.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:49 am
Suspended

How about the following situation:

On Orbitz I buy a ticket BOS-AMS-BOS that has the KL codeshare numbers. The flight is operated by DL however.
Do I get MQD or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.