FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:47 am
Teamstone

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
To me it seems that this is a reasonable change. I am a DM and haven't run the numbers yet, but since most (not all) of my travel is business travel I believe I will hit the $12,500. Did I top off my travel with a couple of near mileage runs? Yes and I don't think that will change. If at the end of the year, I am short either miles or spend I may choose to invest in my status.

It may be interesting to see how VDB voucher count (or don't count) toward spend.

Now if they keep moving those dollar thresholds up each year, that could change my opinion.

Originally Posted by liuenci
I applause Delta for doing this. As a high rev customer who has seen the ranks of DM swell as the year goes on, I think this will begin to make DM what it should be. Any DM that doesn't spend 12.5k is not doing much for Delta bottom line. I spend about 30-40k annually so no worry. I think 90% DMs have nothing to worry about.

Folks here just can't stand change.