Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry for what may be a redundant question, but I understand club access rules are changing in January. Here’s my scenario:

I am a DL Platinum Medallion. Wife is DL Gold Medallion. Our 4 year old is a skymiles member. Wife has DL sky club executive membership and I have DL Reserve Amex.

We we are flying DL/KLM from ATL to ZRH with layover in AMS in January. Do we get to use KLM lounges in AMS and ZRH?

Thoughts and tips appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
Sorry for what may be a redundant question, but I understand club access rules are changing in January. Here’s my scenario:

I am a DL Platinum Medallion. Wife is DL Gold Medallion. Our 4 year old is a skymiles member. Wife has DL sky club executive membership and I have DL Reserve Amex.

We we are flying DL/KLM from ATL to ZRH with layover in AMS in January. Do we get to use KLM lounges in AMS and ZRH?

Thoughts and tips appreciated.
I believe post Jan 1, 2019, neither SkyClub membership nor Amex help for access to KLM lounges.

Per https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...ess_policy.htm it appears that each of you will have lounge access in AMS by virtue of SkyTeam Elite Plus (which is DL Gold or higher), and can bring one guest (the kid). However, during peak hours access to AMS Lounge 52 is limited and guests aren't allowed.

ZRH is referred to as a partner lounge and it appears that fees are required for access.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In response to post #60 above:

Yes for connections, assuming SkyTeam international itinerary, no for arrivals.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:17 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by mnbp
Per https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...ess_policy.htm it appears that each of you will have lounge access in AMS by virtue of SkyTeam Elite Plus (which is DL Gold or higher), and can bring one guest (the kid). However, during peak hours access to AMS Lounge 52 is limited and guests aren't allowed.
Right. Just to add to this, the reserve card does nothing at any lounges in Europe, and the poster's skyclub membership will get access to the KLM lounge, but only until the end of 2018.

ZRH is referred to as a partner lounge and it appears that fees are required for access.
Also correct, the only (free) access to that lounge will be via a J ticket, which won't include a guest.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Some of the partner or contract lounges in Europe do seem to allow access for STE+ before departure on a KLM or AF flight, even though they will not show up on the delta.com list. For example, in the last few years I’ve been able to use the lounges in OSL and CPH before departures on KL/AF connecting to DL flights in Y from AMS/CDG. It’s best not to count on it, but worth asking.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by mnbp
I believe post Jan 1, 2019, neither SkyClub membership nor Amex help for access to KLM lounges.

I'm a DL Gold and was just in AMS and ZRH.

In AMS, the lounge in the non-schengen area (Lounge 52) was at capacity. There was a line to get in, and they would only let the next person in when someone exited the club. There was a sign saying only certain status levels would be admitted, but it didn't appear to be enforced. It didn't take too long for me to get in - access was by virtue of being SkyTeam Elite Plus. I have no idea if I would have been allowed a guest or not - though the rules state that ST Elite Plus do get a guest.

In ZRH, at check in, I was told that I would have access to the dnata club, which is the contract club used by KL, due to being SkyTeam Elite Plus. However, it was an early flight and didn't open until 6 am and I opted for the Aspire Lounge via Priority Pass, which opened at 530.
kthomas likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:17 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
[left]Some of the partner or contract lounges in Europe do seem to allow access for STE+ before departure on a KLM or AF flight,
Actually, that's a good point, AF/KL doesn't cheap out on this, it will actually probably work. If you're on a AF/KL ticket it will definitely work. I have definitely gotten access to 3rd party lounges when traveling in Y on a AF ticket/AF metal (CPH most recently).
kthomas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.