FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amsterdam Lounge Access? KLM/Delta flight
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:59 pm
yaychemistry

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by mnbp
I believe post Jan 1, 2019, neither SkyClub membership nor Amex help for access to KLM lounges.

Per https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...ess_policy.htm it appears that each of you will have lounge access in AMS by virtue of SkyTeam Elite Plus (which is DL Gold or higher), and can bring one guest (the kid). However, during peak hours access to AMS Lounge 52 is limited and guests aren't allowed.

ZRH is referred to as a partner lounge and it appears that fees are required for access.

I'm a DL Gold and was just in AMS and ZRH.

In AMS, the lounge in the non-schengen area (Lounge 52) was at capacity. There was a line to get in, and they would only let the next person in when someone exited the club. There was a sign saying only certain status levels would be admitted, but it didn't appear to be enforced. It didn't take too long for me to get in - access was by virtue of being SkyTeam Elite Plus. I have no idea if I would have been allowed a guest or not - though the rules state that ST Elite Plus do get a guest.

In ZRH, at check in, I was told that I would have access to the dnata club, which is the contract club used by KL, due to being SkyTeam Elite Plus. However, it was an early flight and didn't open until 6 am and I opted for the Aspire Lounge via Priority Pass, which opened at 530.