Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Compensation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:04 pm

Yesterday on Expressjet ATL-GSP we were about halfway there when I heard the landing gear come down and then retract or try to ...ruh-roh...a few seconds later the Captain announced we were returning to ATL because there was an indication that the nosegear hadn't retracted correctly/completely...he said as a precaution fire trucks would be waiting.

Of course, everything was fine and we landed w/o incident. A fire truck circled us (I assume to eyeball the bird before we went to the gate).

They put us on a new plane and we were only delayed about 1.5 hours...really super handling by ground crew, GA, Ops, and flight crew getting us on the new bird and on our way.

Anyway, I noticed I had an extra cert in my wallet. Turns out they gave me $50 for my troubles sometime yesterday...proactively^
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Just received 5,000 Sky Miles from customer service because the @DeltaAssist Twitter team screwed up my reservation.
While they didn't screw up my reservation, they definitely didn't help either when I needed them last week. All I ever hear is how good they are, and for a social network that it supposed to be in "real time," it was the slowest process ever. I literally would wait 10 mins between each Direct Message.

Is it a junior team that works @DeltaAssist?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by BOSavi8tr
While they didn't screw up my reservation, they definitely didn't help either when I needed them last week. All I ever hear is how good they are, and for a social network that it supposed to be in "real time," it was the slowest process ever. I literally would wait 10 mins between each Direct Message.

The longest twitter response time I had during the summer travel months was 20 minutes at first and then subsequent replies were sub-minute. Now in October, over 1.5 hours for some. They've cut back the staff or more people are asking things now. The best resolutions, however, still come from @DeltaAssist
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:19 am

Kinda get ticked when they compensate ridiculous amounts for unsolicited issues, ie 25,000 miles for a cancellation on an a/c that never canceled, just another DL IT glitch.

In other news received 7,000 miles for an issue with a GA that gives away Premium seats for free over the PA. So now you've got the biggest POS next to you because the GA likes to hear himself on the PA. This is the same guy that grabs the a/c PA to hear himself give a welcome when you land, delaying the de-planing.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Picked up 17K miles for a thumb sized piece of glass in my champagne glass during a recent BE trip. Wife thinks thats not enough but I'm willing to let it go so I dont get the complainer tag slapped on my skymiles account

Also picked up 7500 miles a couple of months ago for a GA bypassing the upgrade process and skipping my wife and I (GM and DM respectively) for an FO because the GA thought we werent willing to split even though we offered to split to take the bump

Last edited by Medeski; Oct 8, 2013 at 7:13 am
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by BOSavi8tr

Not sure, but @DeltaAssist is definetly the B-team in my opinion. I had to call corporate customer care to finally get my international ticket correctly reissued and ensure the MQM credit was correct since I paid a V but flew a Y because of a bump.

At least the corporate customer care folks are rock stars! They're really good at what they do and they were very good about making the situation right for me as a customer.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:26 am

Inop WiFi on DCA to ATL flight = 5,000 SkyMiles.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Inop WiFi on DCA to ATL flight = 5,000 SkyMiles.
Geez. If I asked for compensation every time that gogo crapped out, I could get enough SkyPesos for a real trip.

All I have ever done is complain to gogo who waives my monthly subscription fee. 5000 SkyPesos is maybe even worth more than the $40 so you may possibly have something there that is worth some follow-up.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by monitor
Geez. If I asked for compensation every time that gogo crapped out, I could get enough SkyPesos for a real trip.

All I have ever done is complain to gogo who waives my monthly subscription fee. 5000 SkyPesos is maybe even worth more than the $40 so you may possibly have something there that is worth some follow-up.
Back in January I received 5,000 for InOp wifi. The F/A initiated it and gave the 5,000 miles to everyone in FC (she swiped everyone's Medallion Card). I wasn't even using the wifi to begin with but got 5,000 SkyPesos out of it. I stopped feeling bad when I saw people on here talking about getting 25,000 for issues with IFE - enough for domestic low award.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:21 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I used to get 15 k every time the wifi did not work but the last time i complained they did not dish anything out so i stopped. I think wifi is essential in these days no?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by flymanbeast
I used to get 15 k every time the wifi did not work but the last time i complained they did not dish anything out so i stopped. I think wifi is essential in these days no?
I just use my cell phone as a hot spot to save the gogo cost. :-)
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exwannabe
What do you mean? AFAIK (and from experience), one needs to pay the charge to connect the cellphone to gogo same as if one used a laptop or a tablet.

So let us in on the method that you use to "save the gogo cost."
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Originally Posted by monitor
What do you mean? AFAIK (and from experience), one needs to pay the charge to connect the cellphone to gogo same as if one used a laptop or a tablet.

So let us in on the method that you use to "save the gogo cost."
I think they mean paying to use gogo on their phone (sometimes cheaper) and then turning on the personal hotspot to then connect their other device(s).
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I was on DL 3542 JFK-MSP on Wednesday 10/23/13. The flight was delayed for MX problems about 3.25 hours at the gate after everyone had boarded, then another 15 minutes or so in position on the runway. There were frequent updates but no offer to let pax disembark during the long wait. I was in F, where the crew were very good about refilling drinks and passing the snack basket while we waited.

I was on a Y fare upgraded to F. I had raced from T4 to T2 from a late arriving VS LHR-JFK flight. That extra 3.5 hours on a CRJ-900 made a long day longer and delayed the cold dinner until around 10pm. On the other hand, I am all for thoroughly checking out any mechanical issues and would never want safety shortcuts to save time.

No compensation has appeared in my account. Is this reasonable to expect and worth sending an email? If so, what is a reasonable amount to expect or request? Miles or voucher?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I was on DL 3542 JFK-MSP on Wednesday 10/23/13. The flight was delayed for MX problems about 3.25 hours at the gate after everyone had boarded, then another 15 minutes or so in position on the runway. There were frequent updates but no offer to let pax disembark during the long wait. I was in F, where the crew were very good about refilling drinks and passing the snack basket while we waited.

I was on a Y fare upgraded to F. I had raced from T4 to T2 from a late arriving VS LHR-JFK flight. That extra 3.5 hours on a CRJ-900 made a long day longer and delayed the cold dinner until around 10pm. On the other hand, I am all for thoroughly checking out any mechanical issues and would never want safety shortcuts to save time.

No compensation has appeared in my account. Is this reasonable to expect and worth sending an email? If so, what is a reasonable amount to expect or request? Miles or voucher?
I thought all airlines had to let passengers deplane at the 3 hour mark and could incur large penalties for going above that. See last paragraph in this article regarding UA being guilty for the same thing @ ORD - http://www.dot.gov/briefing-room/uni...lays-july-2012.

I'd use that link and send in a complaint and let them know you're in the process of filing a complaint with the DOT. I'm willing to bet you're in for some nice compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.