Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Am I the ONLY one that actually USES the Companion Certs? Just upgraded to Plat AMEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I the ONLY one that actually USES the Companion Certs? Just upgraded to Plat AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by jrl22
I'm guessing that fare is on the AS DCA-LAX nonstop which is a code-share and thus doesn't qualify for the companion ticket
It was actually on a Delta operated flight, through Cincinnati. When I called they said there are two levels of T fare, and the one the companion pass is eligible for happens to be one where the difference in the two T fares is almost double. That is also the only flight (as of Monday) that there was certificate eligibility on over a 14 day window...SIX MONTHS in advance, from any DC airport to any LA airport.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:24 pm

I have received TWO companion certificates for some reason? I received one a few months ago and one this week. Hmm. Definitely will use them both.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Answer to original poster:

No I have used my cert every year. Usually for my son's seat for Thanksgiving travel. The tickets for our routing would usually cost more than the annual fee for Delta Reserve.

Just added a Biz card, so now I'll get two of them.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
[QUOTE=rwoman;19933795]+1 for using the companion cert. [/QUOTE
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
I have both, platinum and reserve, and do not use them. I attempted multiple times, and the fare required was close to 2 tickets, and the one time I actually booked a trip we had to cancel at short notice, and I lost even the full paid amount.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
We have had success with LAX, BOS, & SFO. I think we will try for Vegas this year.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:24 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Had no trouble using for two L class JFK-LAS tix, saving $215. Not ideal flight times but that was just a function of LUT availability, not the cert.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
I have the first free gold card. If I upgrade to platinum does the certificate work to Canada or only 48 states?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
I just successfully used my Reserve Amex Companion Certificate for a trip to Chicago over Memorial Day. First time I've been able to drag someone on a trip with me. I even snagged the 777 on LAX-ATL and the refurbed 763 ATL-LAX. My friend has never flown in first class, so I figured I'd show him how we roll on Delta!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.