Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler/Flying Colonel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
As a FC, I can assure you that your FC status gets you nothing but remembrances of broken promises (and occasional recognition by a FA who actually knows what a FC was).

When did you make MM? If it was on or after May 1, 2003, you do not have lifetime FO (SM) benefits... you have annual complementary FO (SM) benefits.

If you have lifetime FO benefits, reflect on the "lifetime" FC benefits.
Still nothing positive to say ever... huh?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
Still riding in like a knight on a white charger... huh?

Go back to your selective reading/memory.

Or... find the IGNORE function.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: FF account on all airlines, DM. All hotel accounts, Hilton Diamond.
I just hit MM on the weekend.

Do they give anything like a Choice Benefit for it... aside from the lifetime Silver, which is about as useful as a screendoor on a submarine.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Hillhouse
I just hit MM on the weekend.

Do they give anything like a Choice Benefit for it... aside from the lifetime Silver, which is about as useful as a screendoor on a submarine.
No choice benefit, but you are invited to pick a gift from Hartmann or Tiffany.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No choice benefit, but you are invited to pick a gift from Hartmann or Tiffany.
Hartmann bags are not bad.

You may have to be careful though if you put a heavy computer bag on top of the roll-aboards (or, at least some of them).

The front two feet of my bag (opposite to the wheels) are located on the portion of the bag that flips open when the bag is unzippered.

If you leave the bad standing upright, with a heavy computer bag on top of it, the portion of the bag with the feet on it sags relative to the main portion of the bag. This permits the bag to topple over.

(This would be easier to explain with pictures. )
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
(This would be easier to explain with pictures. )
Please do!

David
Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A reminder that those of us with 1MM or 2MM are just amateurs:

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/travel...year-1C7661414

Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
As a FC, I can assure you that your FC status gets you nothing but remembrances of broken promises (and occasional recognition by a FA who actually knows what a FC was).

When did you make MM? If it was on or after May 1, 2003, you do not have lifetime FO (SM) benefits... you have annual complementary FO (SM) benefits.

If you have lifetime FO benefits, reflect on the "lifetime" FC benefits.
Well in all fairness it's pretty bad for DL to cancel the lifetime bennies of those who were already flying colonels or flying orchids. Should have grandfathered in those people.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Well in all fairness it's pretty bad for DL to cancel the lifetime bennies of those who were already flying colonels or flying orchids. Should have grandfathered in those people.
In fairness (since I am often accused of not being so), I should point out that I was assured that anyone who qualified for a MM tier prior to May 1, 2003 was grandfathered for life at that tier level.

However, if you achieved the next tier level, you were awarded annual complementary status at the new level.

So, when I achieved 2MM miles, I traded lifetime FO for annual complementary GM. Didn't feel like I was losing much, since FO is not worth much any more. [The unanswered question: if they ever do away with the annual complementary status, can someone revert to their prior, lower level lifetime status? ]

All I have to substantiate this is an e-mail from DL customer service. So, no guarantees of accuracy are implied for the above.

But, yes, FCs did get the dirty end of the stick.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:14 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
When I lived in Los Angeles I flew AA almost exclusively, making 1MM a long time ago. Then I moved to ATL and switched to DL, hardly flying AA anymore. I made 1MM on DL a while back and am on my way to 2MM shortly. AA still sends me my Aadvantage Gold card every year with the statement "Lifetime as long as the program lasts" in the letter. But the card still expires end of February each year. DL sent me a 1MM F0 card right after hitting 1MM but since then they've only sent me the highest card each year. I'm assuming when I stop flying a lot they'll revert me back to whatever status comes with the MM level I'm at.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovecabo
When I lived in Los Angeles I flew AA almost exclusively, making 1MM a long time ago. Then I moved to ATL and switched to DL, hardly flying AA anymore. I made 1MM on DL a while back and am on my way to 2MM shortly. AA still sends me my Aadvantage Gold card every year with the statement "Lifetime as long as the program lasts" in the letter. But the card still expires end of February each year. DL sent me a 1MM F0 card right after hitting 1MM but since then they've only sent me the highest card each year. I'm assuming when I stop flying a lot they'll revert me back to whatever status comes with the MM level I'm at.
"...as long as the program lasts" ... yes
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
"lifetime" or "complimentary annual" is just a diversion to make us argue on a meaningless detail instead of focussing on the fact that the MM program is the worst in the industry.
Delta management is that devious...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.