Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Captain Thanking First Class Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by arkangel
While waiting at the gate during a mechanical delay for a DFW-ATL flight just before Thanksgiving, the pilot made an announcement that he would be walking down the aisle, both F and Y, to answer any questions we had about the delay. Cool.
Very cool, although that pilot must have been very bored...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
I won some prestigious Budweiser brand sunglasses from the Captain last week for first answering to "Name someone who signed the Declaration of Independence".
You lucked out. Our question was: "Name the Declaration signer whose first name is also an article of clothing."
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
^^^

Its the little things like this that go a LONG way with us road warriors. If anybody's reading this from corporate this should be done a lot more than it is.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by arkangel
While waiting at the gate during a mechanical delay for a DFW-ATL flight just before Thanksgiving, the pilot made an announcement that he would be walking down the aisle, both F and Y, to answer any questions we had about the delay. Cool.
I've seen a few captains come out of the cockpit while we're at the gate to make announcements in person about delays and to chat a bit about the situation with FC passengers. It's a nice touch, but not all pilots have the personality to feel comfortable doing this. It also presumes that they don't have cockpit duties that should be done then.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:14 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Last year I had a pilot flying from LGA to MSP who came to the podium in the gate area to introduce himself. Upon deplaning he stayed up front thanking everyone for flying Delta. Kind of reminding me of Capt. Denny Flanagan of UA who does that and more. Very nice touch.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Captain Thanking First Class Cabin

I've had this happen a few times. On a NWA flight just before the merger I was on the UD of a 744 MSP-NRT an the pilot invited me into the cockpit to sit in his seat, took a picture and emailed it to me. Completely out of the blue. Was very cool.

Note this is not a PMNW vs DL comment. I've had nice pilot interaction on DL too, plus I assume this pilot still works for DL and would do similar things.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by LegalTender
You lucked out. Our question was: "Name the Declaration signer whose first name is also an article of clothing."
Button Gwinnett?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Howste
Button Gwinnett?
A button isn't an article of clothing (unless perhaps for a stripper). It's a part of an article of clothing or something that might be added to an article of clothing.....
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A button isn't an article of clothing (unless perhaps for a stripper). It's a part of an article of clothing or something that might be added to an article of clothing.....
Do you have a better answer?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Button Gwinnett?
That's the first one that came to my mind too. Now I wanna know the answer
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've seen a few captains come out of the cockpit while we're at the gate to make announcements in person about delays and to chat a bit about the situation with FC passengers. It's a nice touch, but not all pilots have the personality to feel comfortable doing this. It also presumes that they don't have cockpit duties that should be done then.
He was just waiting for a return call from the FAA regarding a missing lens cover on a light on the wing, since that event wasn't in the DL "what to do" manual. So, don't think he had any cockpit duties. As it turned out, it took the FAA 45 min. to return the call just to say, basically, no problem. As a result, we missed our ATL connection, but we were rebooked, upgrade included, on the next ATL-MIA flight! So, no biggie.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Had this happen on a TPAC flight in October. Captain came out while FA's were taking meal orders and giving PDB, introduced himself and Thanked us for flying in BE an dbeing Medallion members. He had a small conversation with each passenger on the upper deck. He was going over the mods DL was doing on the 747's, I spoke to him about it all being done in Singapore, he said DL also does some of its heavy maintenance there in MNL where we were departing from.

Said DL upper management was doing a decent job, they were listening to us, though they do not always get things right, but that the airline was being run like a business and was finally starting to make a profit.

Spoke about his career and moving from one airline to the next, and what he called a "disaster" going on over at UA/CO with the merger and pilot seniority, even went on a little spiel about Obama and the happenings at the Democratic National Convention. Let's just say he is not a fan of Obama!

Really liked the extra touch, very nice!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:41 pm

Do you have a better answer?
no
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: Delta FO
I lucked out as well recently since I don't sit in the front that often domestically.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Caeser Rodney?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.