Captain Thanking First Class Cabin

Old Dec 11, 12, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nada!
Captain Thanking First Class Cabin

On my flight yesterday from MSY to ATL, the Captain came out and stood in FC before they shut the door and thanked everyone in FC for flying Delta and said he appreciates the medallion flyers. It was a nice gesture and very unexpected. I think it was the first time I have seen it.

The FA's on my next leg personally thanked everyone in FC. That was nice gesture too.

Was this a Captain acting on his own or is this something that happens a lot?
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I've had it happen once toward the end of a flight.
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
1) Captain was acting on his own, and 2) it happens once in a while. I just saw it happen on a flight last weekend (was watching from first row of Y).
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
I have actually seen it twice in the last two weeks. Maybe coincidence or a trend?
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:14 pm

Same experience on flint from ATLANTA to JFK. Nice touch!
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL SIlver
I had that on a flight over the weekend. It was a nice touch.
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Plat, Amex Plat, Hotels.com Gold, Hertz 5 star, WMATA smartrip card
Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas View Post
On my flight yesterday from MSY to ATL, the Captain came out and stood in FC before they shut the door and thanked everyone in FC for flying Delta and said he appreciates the medallion flyers. It was a nice gesture and very unexpected. I think it was the first time I have seen it.

The FA's on my next leg personally thanked everyone in FC. That was nice gesture too.

Was this a Captain acting on his own or is this something that happens a lot?
Had it this summer before departing GUA-ATL. The Captain also described the weather/routing. I thought it was really nice! Big thumbs up on that. Two in fact: ^^
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
I had that on a flight over the weekend. It was a nice touch.
A couple months ago the captain strolled through BE during the boarding process chatting with people and passing out some plastic pilot wings. Later announcements suggested that he is an interesting character; for example, upon landing we heard horse hooves and then a big "Whoa". It was fun.
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Plat, Amex Plat, Hotels.com Gold, Hertz 5 star, WMATA smartrip card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
A couple months ago the captain strolled through BE during the boarding process chatting with people and passing out some plastic pilot wings. Later announcements suggested that he is an interesting character; for example, upon landing we heard horse hooves and then a big "Whoa". It was fun.
Sounds like a fun pilot! What kind of equipment does he fly?
Old Dec 11, 12, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
This weekend I saw one of the pilots give his preflight briefing in First, making eye contact with each of the PAX in First. Can't recall the route, but it was an A319. Great cabin crew as well.
Old Dec 11, 12, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
I won some prestigious Budweiser brand sunglasses from the Captain last week for first answering to "Name someone who signed the Declaration of Independence".
Old Dec 11, 12, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, MM
I've only seen it once. It was in domestic F and before the flight started the captain came and shook everyone's hand in F. He then gave us each a plastic DL pin.
Old Dec 11, 12, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by koreanair720 View Post
Sounds like a fun pilot! What kind of equipment does he fly?
This was a 767-300 without flat beds (nonreconfigured). It was a South American route so I assume that the captain was ATL based.
Old Dec 11, 12, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
While waiting at the gate during a mechanical delay for a DFW-ATL flight just before Thanksgiving, the pilot made an announcement that he would be walking down the aisle, both F and Y, to answer any questions we had about the delay. Cool.
Old Dec 11, 12, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
I encountered a fantastic Captain a couple of years ago who also greeted everyone up front and thanked them for their business and loyalty. He said you are our bread and butter and I am very appreciative. I sent Delta a congratulations letter for employing such a heads-up fellow.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: