Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre Check

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Less of a Delta question, although possibly relevant. I am flying WN tomorrow from IND. I am Global Entry and Diamond so I had opted in for Pre-Check with Delta. Is there anyway to utilize Pre Check even though I am on a Southwest ticket?

I was thinking about bringing and using my global entry card for identification?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tmontemb:20490618
Less of a Delta question, although possibly relevant. I am flying WN tomorrow from IND. I am Global Entry and Diamond so I had opted in for Pre-Check with Delta. Is there anyway to utilize Pre Check even though I am on a Southwest ticket?

I was thinking about bringing and using my global entry card for identification?
I'm not sure whether or not WN participates in Pre at all. But if they do and you have GE, just make sure your TSA info the WN reservation matches and that you've plugged in your trusted traveler ID #. That will make you eligible but not guarantee that you get selected.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by tmontemb

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-pre%E2%9C%93%...-participation

Southwest does not participate in Pre Check at this time so just showing up with an ID wouldn' t get you pre-check anyway. Your WN boarding pass would never have the "special code" in it to make the 3 beeps.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Marriot Silver, Delta Plat AMEX, Reserve AMEX
pre check opens in MEM today
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Pre- Grows Again

The Pre- program has expanded to a number of new locations, including CLE, starting yesterday.

Cleveland Hopkins International Airport begins TSA expedited security-screening program
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-pre%E2%9C%93%...-participation

Southwest does not participate in Pre Check at this time so just showing up with an ID wouldn' t get you pre-check anyway. Your WN boarding pass would never have the "special code" in it to make the 3 beeps.
Okay too bad, thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
RDU is supposed to start tomorrow 3/28 (at least according to the TSA agent last week).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
SAN at the end of April, a TSA agent there said. (They have a whole new Security Theater area, much larger than the old one, at the Delta end of Terminal 2.)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gator21
RDU is supposed to start tomorrow 3/28 (at least according to the TSA agent last week).
Date is 3/31/13 according to the airport website www.rdu.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.