FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   TSA Pre Check (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1408550-tsa-pre-check.html)

vincentharris Nov 18, 2012 8:38 am

TSA Pre Check

I got the email from Delta about TSA Pre Check and it said to "opt in" when I click the link it takes me to the page to enter my name etc on deltas website. Am I missing something? Is there something more I should be doing?

mendel k Nov 18, 2012 8:55 am

No that's all you need to do. Just remember that pre check isnt necessarily every time, its sort of random

pragakhan Nov 18, 2012 9:03 am

Do it. It is awesome and I would give them my DNA and $100 to let me do it every time from every airport.

JujuJLT Nov 18, 2012 10:34 am

Originally Posted by pragakhan (Post 19705311)
Do it. It is awesome and I would give them my DNA and $100 to let me do it every time from every airport.

+1 :D

SLC 4217 Nov 18, 2012 10:39 am

Originally Posted by JujuJLT (Post 19705777)
+1 :D

then get Global Entry, I have been selected about 99%, except on days I am flying international.

JujuJLT Nov 18, 2012 10:42 am

Actually I was one of the early adopters of GE as I fly internationally at least once a month. It's interesting though, I got it 100% of the time until around July, at which it became very very random... I get it about 1 in 5 domestic now. I'm not sure why, there is no cause I can discern other than the inherent 'randomness'. And of course I always miss it on the days I'm in a hurry......

yohanson Nov 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mendel k (Post 19705266)
No that's all you need to do. Just remember that pre check isnt necessarily every time, its sort of random

I'm 100% except for international flights.

aroundtheworldagain Nov 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Got it today at LAX. I have had GE for two years and this was the first time although most of my flights are international. Today I was connecting from SYD.

dean1121 Nov 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SLC 4217 (Post 19705799)
then get Global Entry, I have been selected about 99%, except on days I am flying international.

Same. Global Entry helps I think, make sure you put that number in. Global Entry is awesome period. I have landed in ATL and been in my Gwinnett Co office before travel companions have even left the airport. :) I would also give DNA and big $$$ for things that save time.

pragakhan Nov 18, 2012 3:02 pm

As a Silver earlier this year I was under the impression I wasn't qualified no more, nor did I have access (for all that I knew) flying out of LAS to use the priority security line (I wasn't FC). After waiting 20 minutes to get to the podium the TSA agent said I cleared PC if I wanted to walk over to the other line, I declined and he looked at me befuddled.

Told him my wife with me wouldn't clear and after already getting this far it didn't make sense, but it was a nice tease...

But even as Silver when upgraded it was nice to get cleared...

MR_MAMA Nov 18, 2012 3:38 pm

One of the best investments I've ever made in regards to flying.

shiner Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Sadly, I have not had the same luck as many of you. I am at less than 50% on domestic itineraries. In particular, I think I have missed the last 5 or 6 times. I am DM and GE.

JujuJLT Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by shiner (Post 19707115)
Sadly, I have not had the same luck as many of you. I am at less than 50% on domestic itineraries. In particular, I think I have missed the last 5 or 6 times. I am DM and GE.

I'm sure you saw my post, but I'm the same - I'm sorry you're having the same bad luck but I find it reassuring that it's not just me that somehow misses this a lot.

CBS9000 Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Took my first flight since qualifying for Global entry and got the three beeps for the first time ^ (flying out of LGA)

Unfortunately, the guy in front of me also got 3 beeps and didn't really know what it was, so he slowed me up going through the metal detector as he struggled with his shoes and asked about his laptop :td:

Still very pleased with the experience, and I hope I continue to bat 1.000

SteveMSflyer Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Success at BWI today. Not 1 person in the TSA line!