Wiki Posts
Search

International SWU Priority

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, US
International SWU Priority

I did a search but could not find an answer.

What is the priority for day of SWU usage? Is it like domestic flights where Y trumps BM? For example, a Platinum on Y fare using a SWU is ahead of a Diamond on a B fare? Would the tie breaker for two Diamonds with the same fare class be time of request? And finally, does the reserve card fare class benefit work with SWUs?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For airport upgrade list, intl uses the same priority like a domestic properly coded SWU upgrade.
UP2A= DM desiring to use SWU to upgrade
UP2B= PM desiring to use SWU to upgrade

Within those, it is ordered by fare class. A PM on Y is below a DM using an SWU on Y/B/M. Time of ticketing is still used as a tie break. Not 100% sure on the reserve bump, but since it uses the same gate waitlist system, I'd have to assume that yes a DM on an M fare with a DL Reserve would be ahead of the DM M fare w/o the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.