Wiki Posts
Search

USA-Mexico Baggage Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
USA-Mexico Baggage Allowance

Flew RDU-MEX-QRO and when I checked in I only came with 2 bags. I have done a bit of shopping down here and need to check 3 bags on the way back. Just checked in and it said I only can check 2 bags but I am reading on the website that as a Platinum in the Businesses Cabin that I get 3 - 70 pound bags. Is this correct? My first flight is on Aeromexico and I have found almost none that speak good English so communication is difficult, so if I end up having to pay for the third bag at the airport, will Delta reimburse me later?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you are on Aeromexico as your first flight, you are subject to their baggage policies, not Delta's. DL will not reimburse you if you happen to be subject to Aeromexico fees.

http://www.aeromexico.com/us/TravelI...agePolicy.html
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks, but am I not supposed to get 3 bags according to the link you posted?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NC_Girl
Thanks, but am I not supposed to get 3 bags according to the link you posted?
Looks like 2 @ 32kg (70lbs), plus 1 @ 20kg (44lbs) for being Skyteam Elite Plus. So, yes, 3 bags total, but not 3 @ 70lbs as you claimed in your original post.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Yes, sorry.... I was indeed looking at Delta's sight not Aeromexico. Thanks for giving me the link. I hope that when I arrive I will have no issues, but I still was given only 2 bags at the online check in, so we shall see in a few hours I guess.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by NC_Girl
Yes, sorry.... I was indeed looking at Delta's sight not Aeromexico. Thanks for giving me the link. I hope that when I arrive I will have no issues, but I still was given only 2 bags at the online check in, so we shall see in a few hours I guess.
The harmonized rules for SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus dictate that you should be given another piece of luggage beyond the standard 2x32kg. If they do attempt to charge you more, a valid complaint should be sent to AM. FWIW, I haven't had good luck in getting AM to recognize my status on the boarding pass (and thus at OLCI); I've always needed the card. This has held true even after I switched my FFP from DL to AF, so it's not carrier specific; their IT systems to handle such issues aren't too great. Showing the card, though, has always resolved any status-related issues on Aeromexico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.