How does FA issued miles work?

Old Oct 31, 12, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL EOS...
How does FA issued miles work?

Last edited by Ti22; Mar 26, 14 at 8:55 am
Old Oct 31, 12, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Did the printout have your name and SM number on it? I would save the printout anyway as it may help when asking for miles later. Also, if they dont post you could write in and complain and say that you were promised miles but they never posted for IFE problems. Probably they will award you miles at that point.
Old Oct 31, 12, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Did the printout have your name and SM number on it? I would save the printout anyway as it may help when asking for miles later. Also, if they dont post you could write in and complain and say that you were promised miles but they never posted for IFE problems. Probably they will award you miles at that point.
Name and SM, yes. Which is why I didn't pay much attention since I figured it will eventually post. It's only been since Sun and with everything going down probably need to be patient.

Thank you for your excellent answer to my question!
Old Oct 31, 12, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Give it a couple of days, these do not post as fast as miles earned with BIS.
Old Oct 31, 12, 5:25 pm

Programs: HH DIA, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA Gold, UA Silver
These often take 6-8 weeks to post.
Old Oct 31, 12, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Agree 6 - 8 weeks. Also, 5k miles is not enough for no IFE. Send a comment/complaint telling DL you want 15k (I got 15k onboard & another 15k by emailing, for a 12 hours flight with no IFE in BE).
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Silver, Ritz-Carlton Rewards. National Car Executive
Originally Posted by rubesl View Post
Agree 6 - 8 weeks. Also, 5k miles is not enough for no IFE. Send a comment/complaint telling DL you want 15k (I got 15k onboard & another 15k by emailing, for a 12 hours flight with no IFE in BE).

I agree. 5K is not enough for this. I received 15K on a SEA to ATL flight this past Sunday. FA told me miles would post in 4-6 weeks.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM
When you use the M2 Device as a Point of First Contact the info from the device is transmitted at the end of the flight. It is uploaded and sent to Singapore for processing. It's usually takes 4-6 weeks to process. OP... Did the FA Swipe your Skymiles/Medallion Card?? If so that info is tied to what they comp'd you with. It will post... give it time.
Old Oct 31, 12, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, tcon JFK-SAN suppose it should be worth more but I don't really use the thing. It only came up because it had been worked on and she came by to check.

Steve - didn't swipe my card but she asked for and got my SM number. The receipt was legible before I stuck it in my wallet and remember seeing my SM# and maybe some reference info? Thanks for describing the data process - I'll wait it out.
Old Nov 1, 12, 1:33 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I have never seen the sm cards swiped. When else is this used?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: