Wiki Posts
Search

ATL: Getting to F-gate from MARTA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
ATL: Getting to F-gate from MARTA?

Just saw my domestic flight this morning is departing an F-gate (domestic leg of an international flight)

I'm taking MARTA to the airport and wondering if I should do security at the T-gates and take the Plane Train or if I should take the new shuttle to the international terminal and do security there.

How often does that shuttle run? I have an 8:30am flight, getting to the airport about 70 minutes before, printed BP/no checked bag/Sky Priority.

(DL mod, feel free to move this to an all-encompassing ATL Intl terminal thread later after my question gets answered, it's sort of time-sensitive)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Just do security at T and then plane train it over - takes about 15 minutes on the Plane Train to reach the F Atrium.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Honestly I'd take the shuttle. Monday morning you're better taking security through F than SP checkpoint at T. There's a SP line on the far right but sometimes the regular line moves faster... it's a wash for me as the SP line often feeds to WTMD which saves me time from an opt-out.

Either way, with 70 minutes you're likely fine at either one.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:03 am
Original Poster

I think it'll be a game-time decision when I exit the MARTA station and see if there's a shuttle ready to go. I just realized that no one will be flying to the NE today so hopefully not a lot of passengers.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:43 am
Original Poster

From MARTA to clearing T security was 18 minutes. That includes Pre-Check but lots of folks were getting that this morning so time-saving wasn't much.

Plane Train to F took 10 minutes.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Shuttle would've been nominally faster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.