Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Reserve AMEX... When do new card MQMs post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve AMEX... When do new card MQMs post?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Flyer
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Thanks DeltaPoints for the insightful response!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
I already have a Business Reserves Amex and have had it for 3yrs. Does that mean I don't get the 10k on first purchase on the personal version of the card I just got?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Just got off phone with AMEX. Was told that Business card is treated separately to personal and I am entitled to bonus. It would have been an issue if I had a personal with new personal or business with new business card only.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Just got off phone with AMEX. Was told that Business card is treated separately to personal and I am entitled to bonus. It would have been an issue if I had a personal with new personal or business with new business card only.

Correct! You can hold one or both cards and if it has been 365+ days since you closed either one you can get new card bonus for either one (any flavor ie DL gold or plat or reserve)

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 28, 2012 at 5:03 am
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:20 pm

Correct! You can hold one or both cards and if it has been 365+ days since you closed either one you can get new card bonus for either one (any flavor ie DL gold or plat or reserve)
My point goes beyond that. It is not just that I can have both cards. Even though I already have the Business reserve card, when I signed up for the personal reserve card I am still entitled to the 10K bonus even though I still have the business card as well.

The screen shot you showed suggests that because I have that card I am not eligible for the bonus which is not true.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:30 pm

I have a platinum card, I upgraded earlier this year. Can I just upgrade to this reserve card, and still get the bonus?

I could get a business reserve card, I suppose.

If I get the business reserve, do I get a credit pull on it?

If I upgrade, I shouldn't get a credit pull... from what I understand.

I have 4 pulls on my report right now, so would like to avoid any more.

How long does it take to get those pulls removed?

Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:57 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
What email? My wife just passed $30k spending and her 15k regular Sky Miles bonus have posted, but no MQMs as yet.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...elta-amex.html
same issue another thread
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:37 am
Suspended

Applied 11NOV2012 got MQM's 30NOV2012

Just as a data point, my statement has NOT yet generated but I have my new card MQM's bonus from 11NOV app:

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 30, 2012 at 4:47 am
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta Flyer
Just as a data point, my statement has NOT yet generated but I have my new card MQM's bonus from 11NOV app:

I activated 26th, spent the next day, and received points today. Welcome surprise.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bozzie4
I activated 26th, spent the next day, and received points today. Welcome surprise.
Great data point for two reasons: one still time to get on this year and two wait till after 01JAN2013 to get card if you want to be 100% to have points hit NEXT YEAR! My thanks - Rene
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I upgraded from Plat to Reserve on 11/24, got 10K mqms 11/30.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 6:30 am

I upgraded from Gold to Reserve at the end of November, and received the new plastic on Dec 1st. As yet, I haven't received the 15k MQM upgrade bonus. This would have been a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that all my spend on the Gold card from earlier this year has counted towards the threshold spend on the Reserve card, and I got my 15k spend bonus MQMs yesterday. So I've re-upped to FO for next year (yeah yeah I know), and so if the 15k upgrade bonus drops this year they will all roll over. w00t.

Thanks for listening!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium
This is just another data point for future end of year rushes for bonus miles. I ordered the AMEX reserve on Sunday December 16th, received the card three days later (in a 2-day box on Wednesday the 19th, purchased something that night, had it post on Friday and then had the 10k bonus miles show up in my account on Sunday the 23rd. So from order to post it took 1 week, note this was not a holiday week so it my take longer if I had waited just a few day later.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:23 pm

As another data point, I can share my experience. I was a first time Business Reserve cardholder this year. The 10,000 sign-on bonus mqms come within a couple of days of activating your card. After hitting your $30,000 spend requirement, your 15,000 mqm bonus clears a day or two after your statement closes for that month. After your statement closes you get an email telling you your mqms are available to claim. You are given directions to either have them put in your Skymiles account or gift them to someone else. If you do nothing for two weeks the mqms get credited to your account. Others here have posted that regardless of when your statement clears, your bonus mqms will be credited in the year earned, not the calendar year when your statement closes. So if you earn your mqm on December 28, 2012, but your statement doesn't close until January 4, 2013, you still get the mqm credited to your 2012 mqm earnings.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 6:07 am

Bonus MQMs Not Posting ... Concerned

I upgraded from Delta Gold to Reserve in late November. Made my first purchase a few days later. I have still yet to see my 10K MQM upgrade bonus post. This seems to be inconsistent with the other posters.

I need these MQM to maintain status, so of course, I'm getting a bit antsy.

I tweeted DeltaAssist a week ago. They checked things out and saw no reason I should not get the bonus.

Anyone know who else I should reach out to in order to ensure things are OK? Is this an AMEX issue? I'm not sure, but I just want to make sure I have my bases covered, as the end of the year nears.

Thanks. (and Merry Christmas!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.