Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone Flown Business Elite ATL-GUATEMALA CITY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Flown Business Elite ATL-GUATEMALA CITY

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Does LAX-GUA still use domestic F instead of BE in J? Lounge access in LAX if no status with DL?

Correct. LAX-GUA service/product will be comparable to domestic F on a domestic 757.

I believe you'll have SkyClub access in LAX if on a paid F ticket, but I could be wrong...can anyone confirm?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What's the business service like on the LAX to Central America? Is it dinner or breakfast and when is It served? After takeoff or before landing?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by woodford02A
I believe you'll have SkyClub access in LAX if on a paid F ticket, but I could be wrong...can anyone confirm?
Yes, I've had SCC access from/to ATL in 2015 on both paid F and complimentary upgrades.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What's the business service like on the LAX to Central America? Is it dinner or breakfast and when is It served? After takeoff or before landing?
Both...it is actually between takeoff and landing.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Yes, I've had SCC access from/to ATL in 2015 on both paid F and complimentary upgrades.

Both...it is actually between takeoff and landing.
Haha, I meant time-wise, beginning or end of the flight. I will answer my own question, FAs serve dinner just after takeoff, but not a lot of people ate on my flight.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
just got back from GU. As said prior the J class is = domestic F but it comes with access to Sky clubs on the US side. The meals are served at top of climb

They use a B757 as well as a B737,

It was a breeze in both entrance and exit formalities in GUA. No long lines on departure for the 9am flight from GUA and no long lines when transiting ATL at noon for connecting flights mid week
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am booked on ATL-GUA and GUA-LAX in C+ (hoping for the upgrade), and it says there are free Luvo sandwiches/wraps on that route. Is that for all Y pax? or just C+?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am booked on ATL-GUA and GUA-LAX in C+ (hoping for the upgrade), and it says there are free Luvo sandwiches/wraps on that route. Is that for all Y pax? or just C+?
Are you sure they have the Luvo sandwiches, or just the regular sandwiches that DL gives for free in Y on some routes to the Caribbean / Central America?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by andymo99
As a PM, you shouldn't bother using miles to upgrade this flight. Central American routes like this are among the easiest upgrades in the system. I reckon FOs routinely get upgraded.

Save your miles.
agreed. Took the ATL-GUA flight Feb 2016 and was upgraded as FO, I think at the DM or PM window actually. Flew out with empty seats. Domestic FIrst Class service except only champagne or mimosas for PDB.
Hot meal.
Return flight also upgraded at the window but really oversold. Every seat taken by OpUps.
Airport was nice enough, decent cafe. I found a small restaurant with decent Italian food (nothing cures a hangover like pasta, don't judge me).
No lounge you can access that I'm aware of but a friend did a day pass to the CM lounge about 4 years ago and said it was a pleasant experience.
Customs and immigration going in was easy, leaving as well.

Phone wont let me do multiple quotes so for those asking about the Luvo sandwiches, my sorta off topic anecdote is that earlier this year I flew ATL-PTY-ATL in C+ and had a standard turkey sandwich both ways, the kind that's pre-wrapped with the mayo and mustard packets. And that yogurt bar in the orange and white packaging you sometimes see in the domestic F snack basket. One was expertly thrown on my window seat tray by the FA.
Same sandwich all of coach got.

Bonus: I also got a lecture for ordering two vodkas from the same FA. I thought that was cute
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
just got back from GU. As said prior the J class is = domestic F but it comes with access to Sky clubs on the US side. The meals are served at top of climb

They use a B757 as well as a B737,

It was a breeze in both entrance and exit formalities in GUA. No long lines on departure for the 9am flight from GUA and no long lines when transiting ATL at noon for connecting flights mid week
I just got back from a trip ATL -> GUA return GUA -> ATL
I have not flown Delta in a while ,and was pleasantly surprised with the service in the First Class.
Delta flew a 757 for this occasion, and it is a really nice plane
PBD offered both directions
Dinner offered ATL-GUA and the attendant was very good. She took really good care of FC cabin.
Breakfast on the way back GUA-ATL

Compared with AA this is the best service I have gotten in First/Business class in a very long time. To bad ORD is not a Delta hub.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by kdemane
I have not flown Delta in a while ,and was pleasantly surprised with the service in the First Class.
Dinner offered ATL-GUA and the attendant was very good. She took really good care of FC cabin.

Compared with AA this is the best service I have gotten in First/Business class in a very long time. To bad ORD is not a Delta hub.
Delta is adding flights to BOS & RDU from ORD so obviously not a future hub but finally a new choice for those of us stuck with AA/UA
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Ha, yes. Fair enough. I was in a DC exurb a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to see one there as well...there's one here in town now too...
Were you in Manassas?; there is a Pollo Campero out Sudley Road (VA 234 business) a mile or so south of I-66. There are a number of "pollo a la brasa" places here; Manassas city is probably 1/3 native speakers of Spanish. The local AM radio station, 1460 kHz (FM translator on 106.3 MHz), is 24/7 Spanish language music and programming.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ND76
Were you in Manassas?; there is a Pollo Campero out Sudley Road (VA 234 business) a mile or so south of I-66. There are a number of "pollo a la brasa" places here; Manassas city is probably 1/3 native speakers of Spanish. The local AM radio station, 1460 kHz (FM translator on 106.3 MHz), is 24/7 Spanish language music and programming.
FYI, you just replied/quoted a post from 6 1/2 years ago...
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kdemane

I agree that DL service to Central America and The Caribbean is way better than AA's. However, I've been quite surprised with the Business Class service in CM. I've got a few IAD-PTY-Caribbean trips and the service / food are excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.