Guys is a jerk plus gets BE upgrade

Reply

Old Oct 4, 12, 12:23 am
  #1
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MSP Mainly
Programs: Delta PM & 1.9+M Miles - Marriott Gold (LTG) - DL AMEX Plat
Posts: 177
Guys is a jerk plus gets BE upgrade

Just got of the MSP to AMS flight and saw a new tactic to get an upgrade. I was in 16G and a couple were in 16 H and J. An hour into the flight, the guy in 16H had his seat reclined and the guy behind in 17H pushed his seat a bit forward. I guess it may have been a hint for 16H to put his seat up. A few seconds later, 17H slammed 16H's seat forward. I thought, are you kidding me, what a jerk. Why didn't he ask? There were some words exchanged and the "pink dress" flight attendant came to investigate and took Mr 16H away. A couple minutes later, Mr and Mrs 16 are moved to BE. Evidently, Mr 17G didn't like this and stomped to the galley. A few minutes later he too was moved to BE. At least I got to move to 16H and had the two seat row to myself
GregInMN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 1:03 am
  #2
Used to be spsawant
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DFW
Programs: Marriott Silver, PC Gold, HH Silver, Starwood Platinum, AA Gold, Avis First
Posts: 565
Guys is a jerk plus gets BE upgrade

They were not taken to BE but were rather kicked off the plane mid flight
DFWsakp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 2:23 am
  #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Posts: 927
Originally Posted by DFWsakp View Post
They were not taken to BE but were rather kicked off the plane mid flight

Looking for DB cooper on their way out.
RacingJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 2:56 am
  #4
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,015
I love when someone books an overnight flight and is surprised when other people recline their seats!
WhiskeyBravo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 5:47 am
  #5
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 793
It was right for 16 H and J to be moved forward. 17 H, not so much.

Maybe they moved him to BE to keep him calm, and then detained him at the airport? Even if he wasn't arrested, some time with the police might do him good.
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 6:22 am
  #6
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: vx diamond
Posts: 322
Doubt it.
jfk747 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 6:25 am
  #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 4,880
My first thought was maybe 17h was moved to a seat next to a fam?
bubbashow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 8:20 am
  #8
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Motown
Programs: DL DM 1MM
Posts: 5,455
Thanks for the tip!
skchin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 8:30 am
  #9
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE US
Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Posts: 4,201
Originally Posted by skchin View Post
Thanks for the tip!
Why go through all that mess when you can get a confirned BE seat for 325K miles?
Thomas Hudson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 8:37 am
  #10
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,640
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson View Post
Why go through all that mess when you can get a confirned BE seat for 325K miles?
325K? Hot dog! I didn't know DL was releasing so many low awards.
motytrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 8:49 am
  #11
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE US
Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Posts: 4,201
Originally Posted by motytrah View Post
325K? Hot dog! I didn't know DL was releasing so many low awards.
Can I get a best in class shout out?
Thomas Hudson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 8:51 am
  #12
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Programs: DL MM Gold
Posts: 1,611
Originally Posted by bubbashow View Post
My first thought was maybe 17h was moved to a seat next to a fam?
Or into the morgue locker, but Delta doesn't fly any of those aircraft.
TheRoadie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 9:13 am
  #13
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 22,791
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by GregInMN
Just got of the MSP to AMS flight and saw a new tactic to get an upgrade. I was in 16G and a couple were in 16 H and J. An hour into the flight, the guy in 16H had his seat reclined and the guy behind in 17H pushed his seat a bit forward. I guess it may have been a hint for 16H to put his seat up. A few seconds later, 17H slammed 16H's seat forward. I thought, are you kidding me, what a jerk. Why didn't he ask? There were some words exchanged and the "pink dress" flight attendant came to investigate and took Mr 16H away. A couple minutes later, Mr and Mrs 16 are moved to BE. Evidently, Mr 17G didn't like this and stomped to the galley. A few minutes later he too was moved to BE. At least I got to move to 16H and had the two seat row to myself
It all depends on how the involved FA processes information and resolves conflict. FA's discretion, their sympathies and whether they want to stand up to a jerk or give in, come into play.
I had the whole EC row to myself when the FA moved someone from non-EC row to my row, even though there was another row vacant. This other person did not have an empty seat next to him. The FA thought that it was only fare that the extra space be shared "equally". The aircraft had been configured for EC but EC had not been officialy implemented yet. I protesed jokingly why tjhee other person could not move to tje other row! The FA said I could move to the other row (non-EC) if I wanted the whole row. I moved to the non EC row. Now someoe else wanted to move to that row. I called the FA, thinking he had meant that I would have the row to myself. He said he meant no such thing. I really didn't have strong case, but I told him that he should not have suggested that I move to another row if I wanted the whole row to myself. He shrugged his shoulders and went away only to return with another FA, who looked at my BP and that of the other person. The other FA told the intruder to go back to his seat.
She also said that I should have stayed in my row and the first intruder should not have been moved to the the row where I had been originally seated. She said that a person from thr back cannot move to an EC row just because they want mire space.
Yaatri is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:53 pm.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.