FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guys is a jerk plus gets BE upgrade
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:13 am
Yaatri
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by GregInMN
Just got of the MSP to AMS flight and saw a new tactic to get an upgrade. I was in 16G and a couple were in 16 H and J. An hour into the flight, the guy in 16H had his seat reclined and the guy behind in 17H pushed his seat a bit forward. I guess it may have been a hint for 16H to put his seat up. A few seconds later, 17H slammed 16H's seat forward. I thought, are you kidding me, what a jerk. Why didn't he ask? There were some words exchanged and the "pink dress" flight attendant came to investigate and took Mr 16H away. A couple minutes later, Mr and Mrs 16 are moved to BE. Evidently, Mr 17G didn't like this and stomped to the galley. A few minutes later he too was moved to BE. At least I got to move to 16H and had the two seat row to myself
It all depends on how the involved FA processes information and resolves conflict. FA's discretion, their sympathies and whether they want to stand up to a jerk or give in, come into play.
I had the whole EC row to myself when the FA moved someone from non-EC row to my row, even though there was another row vacant. This other person did not have an empty seat next to him. The FA thought that it was only fare that the extra space be shared "equally". The aircraft had been configured for EC but EC had not been officialy implemented yet. I protesed jokingly why tjhee other person could not move to tje other row! The FA said I could move to the other row (non-EC) if I wanted the whole row. I moved to the non EC row. Now someoe else wanted to move to that row. I called the FA, thinking he had meant that I would have the row to myself. He said he meant no such thing. I really didn't have strong case, but I told him that he should not have suggested that I move to another row if I wanted the whole row to myself. He shrugged his shoulders and went away only to return with another FA, who looked at my BP and that of the other person. The other FA told the intruder to go back to his seat.
She also said that I should have stayed in my row and the first intruder should not have been moved to the the row where I had been originally seated. She said that a person from thr back cannot move to an EC row just because they want mire space.