Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do you do to get your medallion status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do to get your medallion status?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Was wondering what everyone does to get there status? Business, pleasure travel, etc? I am on the road (but in a car) all the time so all my miles come from personal travel. If yours come from business travel what do you do, or what field are you in?
90% business, 10% personal - most of the business is to Africa and Asia, so the miles pile up fast. I am a government personal services contractor and have to fly coach, but I use my SWUs to upgrade. I also work for a private company and fly domestically for them. I have been Platinum for 2 years, but this year will fly 145K miles and upgrade to Diamond.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 5khours
2MM.

Never fly DL anymore because of poor hard product on int'l and the absolutely atrocious FF program. 300k BIS on UA/*A this year. 99% in premium cabins.
Agree that it is absolutely the worst domestic FF program, but there is NOTHING wrong with the Delta hard product on international flights, at least on the 777.

I prefer the herringbone config on Delta to the straight-across config on United in C class, where you are too close to your neighbor and have to invade his or her personal space to get out of your seat (or vice versa). It's a stupid design and I avoid it at all costs - I usually fly Global First when on United using miles (always personal, of course) - if I have to fly them.

Last edited by DCBob; Oct 7, 2012 at 11:30 am
Old Oct 7, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
For 2012-13

25K mqm Amex reserve and Amex Delta plat card
105,000 BIS

I do a few long hauls each year to Asia, Australia and DXB. Short hops up and down the east coast in between but they don't really garner the miles the TATL AND TPAC do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.