Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do you do to get your medallion status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you do to get your medallion status?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Sports television. I go where the games are.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
100% personal.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
100% business. Railroad industry mid level executive. Any personal travel is on miles and points.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Garbage pickup. I'm union.

Ha ha! Just kidding!

4 times a year to Europe for family and pure joy. Whole bunch of domestic also for pure joy (love Louisiana the most). All miles go to German relatives for Business Class to visit the US.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I get BBQ in Dallas (mileage run)

Last year I just got lucky (and I drunkenly booked a spur-of-the-moment trip to SAN). This year I'll get lucky again. Most of my travel though is to and from school, and visiting friends.

-J.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:17 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
No one got the 'free' PM with Centurion AMEX or DM with Delta private jet????
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: HA premier club, Platinum Amex, DL SM and reserve, United Mileage Plus Club
Exclusively personal, I have family in Germany and Sweden as well as in the Midwest. In addition I get MQM with my Amex.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by puddinhead
No one got the 'free' PM with Centurion AMEX or DM with Delta private jet????
I would do the private jets deal, as I easily spend $50 with DL in two years (and only get GM for that kind of spend), but the up-front cost is a deal breaker for me. I can expense travel once booked, but can't eat the up-front cost and wait to get reimbursed incrementally over two years.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AA PLT, SPG Gold
90% work - mostly long-haul J, more AF and KE than DL, actually.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, UA Silver, EI Silver
All BIS.

95% business, of which 50% is TATL or (more rarely) TPAC.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold
All personal. My advice to my friends who have children is, retire near your children, it simplifies everything. On the other hand, retire thousands of miles away from your children, and let them rack up epic amounts of FF miles to be blown, eventually, on a crazy, memorable trip.

Either way, I'm happy I live in an age in which I can cross the continent to see my good old 90-year old Pops whenever he needs me.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Many short business trips around the western US. Qualify on MQS.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
100% work. All leisure travel is via Award Travel. Program Manager working in the railroad industry. Currently have projects in Australia, Finland and UAE.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I get BBQ in Dallas (mileage run)

Last year I just got lucky (and I drunkenly booked a spur-of-the-moment trip to SAN). This year I'll get lucky again. Most of my travel though is to and from school, and visiting friends.

-J.
I've been known to book pilgrimages to In-n-Out Burger if the price is right.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, WN A+, National EE, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat.
All work. I am an A/V consultant/engineer and currently have 77k MQM's on Delta and a little over 200k point on WN for this year.

Next year will be worse......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.