Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What ONE thing do want for the 2013 Skymiles program (new or change)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What ONE thing do want for the 2013 Skymiles program (new or change)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Eliminate FOs and just go with GM, PM, and DMs.
Originally Posted by CTJoyce
Just re-read the list. I like 15 (getting rid of FO) my only stipulation would be give FO perks to Amex holders (they get everything except the EC discount anyway). I only say that as someone who takes an entire year to requalify for FO, but has a Delta Amex (get your pitchforks, cus I know that isn't going to go over well).
Yes, having good credit and throwing it away by signing anything the credit card hawkers put in front of you to get a free tee shirt should be worth more than bringing thousands of dollars in revenue to Delta by flying 15 r/t flights per year.

It could easily cost over $10k to reach FO. I have spent well over that much this year and doubt that I'll requalify for GM. Why would Delta want to reward a loyal customer with a five-figure annual spend when they could shun them for some idiot who signed up for a credit card?

Last edited by dcline414; Oct 1, 2012 at 9:08 pm Reason: Added credit to the original poster of this retarded idea. Got to give credit where credit is due!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
One way awards.

There is so much potential to make this program better than UA, but it's leadership really has not a clue.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Rename it Skypoints

Change the name of the program from Skymiles to Skypoints which is what it really is.

All the BIS DYKWIA's can scream and complain all they want, but DL took AMEX's cash infusion and, like it or not, AMEX runs the show. Their MQM's will continue to count the same as BIS MQM's no matter how much you complain. If you put over $100K annually on your AMEX Cards, they'll take good care of you.

You'd be a lot better off figuring out how to use the system to your advantage.

And, while we're at it, I'd like to see ALL free upgrades go away. That'll open up lots of seats and we can go back to being non-revs and getting where ever we want whenever we want in comfort without hearing about our friend Sheena.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
I want something tangible that says I'm enrolled in Pre-Check even if I'm selected to use the regular line.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
One way awards.

There is so much potential to make this program better than UA, but it's leadership really has not a clue.
PerkChoice was supposed to come back in 2011 and never did.

At a conference Randy Peterson hosted last year I had the chance to ask about OW awards (the heads of the loyalty programs for AA, UA and DL were doing Q&A). Jeff Robertson asked if my question was directed at him. I pointed out that yes it was because the other two programs already offer OW awards and DL does not so yes, my question was for him. He gave a generic answer that left me feeling he was unaware of how uncompetitive his program is in this and other areas.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:07 pm

will anything happen with this thread. I know the point is to get our gripes in front of Delta, but will they listen? or even respond? Is this just an exercise in futility?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by aviator8
will anything happen with this thread. I know the point is to get our gripes in front of Delta, but will they listen? or even respond? Is this just an exercise in futility?
You lost them at page 3

My wish:

Give Million Milers Sky Priority and top of their elite level on UG's.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Free standby for Silver Medallions. If the flight has empty seats, let us go on a standby list and clear us once it's apparent none will be sold. AA offers this for its AAdvantage Gold members.

Also, fix the mobile website. The amount of times I get a timed out error are staggering. I know I'm the last person without an iPhone but I'd still really appreciate it.

One way awards at one way pricing wouldn't hurt either.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AA PLT, SPG Gold
I will be probably be tarred and feathered but would personally love miles earnings to better reflect ticket spending - say 50% for LUT and 200% for J.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:16 pm

Read my earlier post on this. I spend $800 to $1000 for a LUT fare that presently yields 2000 MQM's round trip. Why punish me further?

Originally Posted by ClaesJ
I will be probably be tarred and feathered but would personally love miles earnings to better reflect ticket spending - say 50% for LUT and 200% for J.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:20 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by reef58
Read my earlier post on this. I spend $800 to $1000 for a LUT fare that presently yields 2000 MQM's round trip. Why punish me further?
Which is why you'll love a Fare Based FF program....
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:23 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Since when do Amex holders get free domestic upgrades?

(PS: If they did, I'd for sure stop ever trying to qualify for anything and just use my Amex)

Originally Posted by CTJoyce
Just re-read the list. I like 15 (getting rid of FO) my only stipulation would be give FO perks to Amex holders (they get everything except the EC discount anyway). I only say that as someone who takes an entire year to requalify for FO, but has a Delta Amex (get your pitchforks, cus I know that isn't going to go over well).
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Usable miles
Reasonably priced upgradeable fares on international
Decent treatment of million milers
International F awards
One way awards
No award fees for high level elites
Better alliance partners
Honesty from DL management

Other than these minor improvements the program is perfect.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:33 am

1) Fix perhaps the worst Award-Calendar/Search engine in the business. It is absolutely asinine.

2) Tell your members about your hidden feuds with Air France in there being ZERO AF award availability. It's really absurd and arrogant to not publicly issue a statement to your loyal customers.

3) Did I mention that your award calendar/search is tragic? My 11 year old cousin can design better UI than this...
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by 5khours
No award fees for high level elites
Curious about what you mean by this one. PM/DM don't pay award change fees. No one has to pay a quick ticketing fee. About the only thing you could mean is that DL eats government/airport taxes/fees for high level elites, which is pretty nonsensical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.