FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   What ONE thing do want for the 2013 Skymiles program (new or change) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1391238-what-one-thing-do-want-2013-skymiles-program-new-change.html)

Renes Points Sep 25, 2012 9:27 am

What ONE thing do want for the 2013 Skymiles program (new or change)

We are all anxiously awaiting (in fear of) the news of what is to come for our Skymiles program for 2013. We also know DELTA CORP does read FT each day and does care what we have to say. How about we help out. Sure we all have 100 things we want, but just pick the ONE, the top ONE thing you want to see new or change for 2013 and I will update this top post with the list so the "mothership" can see it in one place! I will start:

1. Change to allow more than one ETV's per ticket again. 3 was fair in the past!
2. Fix the Award Calendar
3. Real one-way awards.
4. No dmqm promotions or rollover
5. Less than 100% mqm for LUT, and no upgrades for class less than K
6. Do not move to RBMA or FBATR.
7. Fix the crappy IT behind it spitting out false info
8. SWU valid for international J on H+ fares.
9. Reasonable M fares (or H) for SWU int. upgrades into BE, including segments beyond AMS/CDG on KLM/AF.
10. Two free checked bags for FOs again
11. Free GoGo wireless internet service as a choice benefit for DM's!!!
12. Online upgrade confirmation (that is, the ability to request and confirm mileage upgrades online).
13. No more enhancements.
14. No less than 100% mqm for LUT, and continuing upgrades for class less than K
15. Eliminate FOs and just go with GM, PM, and DMs.
16. Apply KE and CI award blackout dates as defined by the carrier (different dates for different regions).
17. Day of travel allow LUT fares to upgrade to FC/BE for the one way low FC/BE milage amount.-TPAC/TATL
18. The ability to book award travel on partner airlines directly from delta.com
19. Expanding on the SWUs i would like the following option.
20. One roundtrip SWU a year for all Medallions as a "Thank You". I don't see it happening, but I can dream. ;-)
21. Use Skymiles for F travel on partner airlines
22. Allow points/SWU upgrades on international paid fares
23. Cut the MQMs for the Delta Reserve.
24. 48 hrs notice about program changes
25. THe ability to use SWU's on lower fare tickets than m, b, y.
26. Rollover MQS (segments)!!
27. True battlefield upgrade policy. No more you board you lose. No more GA Shenanigans.
28. Amex MR to Delta Skymiles transfer bonus.
29. ALL MQM's be BIS with the exception of bonus MQM's for Y and first class fares.
30. More low level availability bold so DL will not miss this ;)
31. FA to scan an E-BP (#1 choice for another FT'er)
32. For LUT fares, allow mileage upgrades to F/premium rather than forcing people purchase K fares+.
33. End the restriction that Z/G availability places on upgrades.
34. Two one-way upgrades to biz class regardless of fare as a choice benefit.
35. More DMQMs & rollover & Keep 100% for LUT & More MQMs from Amex
36. How about no rollover beyond DM level?
37. Bring back NW's PerkChoice
38. Lifetime SkyClub members to choose an alternate to free SkyClub access
39. Honesty.
40. Re-allow award wallet access
41. SDC at T - 24 for travel plus/minus 24 hours, not T-3 for same day (for top tier medallions)
42. Sticker upgrades only for fares below K, FO-DM
43. Diamond to board plane before Platinum before Gold in Sky Priority
44. Have a skybonus points to mqm conversion for small biz guys.
45. No unannounced program changes & proper notification of changes PRIOR.
46. I'd like to see a continued expansion of P fares.
47. Functionality to upgrade with miles on-line at the time of purchase.
48. SkyPriority for FOs
49. Upgrade to EC with miles.
50. Change the official upgrade window policy to reflect when upgrades are actually being processed
If you look page by page you will see the FT'er who wants the above. Thanks everyone for input! - Rene

CalVol Sep 25, 2012 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 19381150)
We are all anxiously awaiting (in fear of) the news of what is to come for our Skymiles program for 2013. We also know DELTA CORP does read FT each day and does care what we have to say. How about we help out. Sure we all have 100 things we want, but just pick the ONE, the top ONE thing you want to see new or change for 2013 and I will update this top post with the list so the "mothership" can see it in one place! I will start:

Strongly agree. This was one of the most customer unfriendly moves they could make.

2. Fix the Award Calendar

myleguy Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am

Real one-way awards.

dgxoxo Sep 25, 2012 9:38 am

no dmqm promotions or rollover

bubbashow Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am

Less than 100% mqm for LUT, and no upgrades for class less than K

javabytes Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am

Do not move to RBMA or FBATR. Not a change, per se, but that is a huge cloud over the program for me.

Secondly, resolve the situation with AF award availability and AF/KL mileage and SWU upgrades.

Renes Points Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 19381259)

Wow - do you work for Delta? (kidding). Ouch that would hurt us MR'ers but at least I can get 30-60K MQM's from my Delta AMEX Reserve cards! :D

Winkdaddy Sep 25, 2012 10:01 am

Fix the award calendar..and everything that would entail:

Fix the crappy IT behind it spitting out false info
    Add ability to book partners online like KE (NWA.com style)
    one-way awards
    ability to see schedule/price at the same time for multi-city tickets
    reasonable low level award availability,especially for Intl BE

Winkdaddy Sep 25, 2012 10:02 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow (Post 19381259)

Didn't they try that years ago and get egg in their face?

Denolloyd Sep 25, 2012 10:03 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

SWU valid for international J on H+ fares.

MSPeconomist Sep 25, 2012 10:10 am

Reasonable M fares (or H) for SWU international upgrades into BE, including segments beyond AMS/CDG on KLM/AF. I can live with the new restrictions on TATL upgrades on AF/KLM metal and will happily fly DL TATL if I can confirm an upgrade at a reasonable fare to my destination.

DiverDave Sep 25, 2012 10:11 am

It would be interesting if you would credit the poster when you update the list, so we know who made each suggestion.

I'd go with something minor in my case. I expect to drop to FO in 2014, so I'd like two free checked bags for FOs again. :D

David

thirtyfour Sep 25, 2012 10:11 am

I think its kind of sad we have to put 'a functioning award calendar' on the wishlist for the program, but that would probably be my top one.

I would like to see them add to the fare classes that can be used for SWUs, even if it meant PMs only could get 2 and DMs 4 (for example).

Upgrades on Amex companion tickets would be nice too. I'm fine with them being behind revenue tickets (or following normal companion rules), but my wife and I flew in Y this year using one when there were plenty of empty seats in F. Spare me the "if you want it, buy it," its just my opinion that if there are empty first class seats on the plane, a PM should be able to be upgraded.

Winkdaddy Sep 25, 2012 10:14 am

Originally Posted by thirtyfour (Post 19381449)
    I think its kind of sad we have to put 'a functioning award calendar' on the wishlist for the program, but that would probably be my top one. [/B].

Yes...its kinda like asking Delta for the ability to book tickets online. Oh wait..:p

Deemus7 Sep 25, 2012 10:15 am

Free GoGo as a choice benefit for DM's!!!