Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Shuttle/Shuttle America

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Also flew Shuttle to ORD round trip recently in F and was very satisfied. Attentive FA's in both directions. On the outbound the FA was willing to hold off serving my wife's breakfast until she woke up from her nap. Very nice touch.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Excellent

I have flown DL Shuttle LGA-BOS and ORD, mostly in FC, but also some Y.

All the crews have been wonderful. Agreed with other that these are the best of the DL regional carrier crews and, in some ways, maybe the best on DL.

At least in my experience.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DIA, HHonors DIA, Marriott PlA
I fly the Shuttle between LGA and ORD at least twice a month and always in FC (Upgraded)

THe FA's on the shuttle flights are a bit better then other flights. Had a bad experience with some newer FA's on S5 recently. They were actually the worst two I've seen. Not attentive to FC passengers, rude, and actually were spending time on phone when boarding.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyingweekly
I fly the Shuttle between LGA and ORD at least twice a month and always in FC (Upgraded)

THe FA's on the shuttle flights are a bit better then other flights. Had a bad experience with some newer FA's on S5 recently. They were actually the worst two I've seen. Not attentive to FC passengers, rude, and actually were spending time on phone when boarding.
Then I am sure we have met, hopefully in a good experience. I make an effort to do my job well. Complain to the company if the service is really that bad, and compliment if you find it impressive! Our company does notify us either way. One of my pet peeves is working with someone who doesnt do their job correctly because I feel I am left doing my job, and making up for their lack of!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Flew the Shuttle again this week ORD-LGA-BOS/BOS-LGA-ORD. Not living in NYC, I'm flying against the flow of DL elites, so even as a lowly Silver I can get upgraded. The stop makes the trip a little longer, but it's very comfortable and coming home on Friday night it really helps.

Now if we could just get a couple of 175s to run MDW-DTW, I'd be a really happy camper.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:34 pm

The 175 is a really nice plane to work on as well. I do wish our planes were equipped with more entertainment options, but most people seem happy enough with the gogo wifi
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Flew the Shuttle again this week ORD-LGA-BOS/BOS-LGA-ORD.
Was this your originally ticketed routing? If so this is great news because for the last few years (about when they moved Chicago over to ORD) DL wasn't selling BOS-ORD over LGA.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
They are selling it now booked it a few weeks ago
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Shuttle America is easily my favorite Delta connection carrier. I usually fly 2 ROC-LGA trips a month and always try to get myself on a S5 flight. The E175 is much more comfortable than the CRJ in Y, and the F seats are a decent step up too, however what really makes it for me is the flight crews. They are generally on par with any mainline crew I have flown with and even in that short 44 minutes they make life much more comfortable than a Pinnacle or Chautauqua crew ever has. Another small note would be that every time I get on a E175 I know I am getting drink service in Y, where as the others are a crapshoot (and I suck at craps so usually we don't get drinks, but more importantly no biscoff).

So whatever it is you guys are doing to motivate your crews, keep doing it because it works. In fact it makes life so pleasant that there have been more than a few occasions that I have chosen to buy higher class fares to fly S5 instead of getting stuck on another regional.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by shenanigans1
I was just curious on how the service has been recently on the DL shuttle flights.
Since you asked, I am less than impressed with the service on an ORD - LGA flight today. I'm not a complainer, so if you want details, private message me and I will let you know.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:10 pm

Thanks for all the comments and input! Keep 'em coming!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:01 am

anything new to add? it doesn't look like s5 will be continuing the shuttle flying much longer, unfortunately
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
anything new to add? it doesn't look like s5 will be continuing the shuttle flying much longer, unfortunately
Why do you say that? The schedule has them operating the shuttle (at least LGA-DCA, the only one I spot-checked) out as far as June 2014.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by ashill
Why do you say that? The schedule has them operating the shuttle (at least LGA-DCA, the only one I spot-checked) out as far as June 2014.
Just what we have been hearing. you know how rumors go! supposedly, the shuttle is going back to mainline
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Just what we have been hearing. you know how rumors go! supposedly, the shuttle is going back to mainline
Forget rumors. Specifically, where did you hear it and how?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.