Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Shuttle/Shuttle America

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Shuttle America Operating Delta Shuttle Flight(s??????)

I was thinking of shuttling tomorrow morning from BOS to LGA and I discovered this:

Flight 5901 on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 (Operated by Delta Partner Shuttle America)

Does anyone know when Shuttle America began operating Delta Shuttle flights?

I don't know which is worse, an Embraer 175 flown by a pilot who may have just passed puberty or a Northwest DC-9.

Given the Northwest characters now wrapped in Delta uniforms - - representing themselves as Delta professionals - - it'll be the Acela for me.

Good riddance.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
I was thinking of shuttling tomorrow morning from BOS to LGA and I discovered this:

Flight 5901 on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 (Operated by Delta Partner Shuttle America)

Does anyone know when Shuttle America began operating Delta Shuttle flights?

I don't know which is worse, an Embraer 175 flown by a pilot who may have just passed puberty or a Northwest DC-9.

Given the Northwest characters now wrapped in Delta uniforms - - representing themselves as Delta professionals - - it'll be the Acela for me.

Good riddance.
Shuttle America has been operating for DL for quite some time. They are one of the better regional carriers and I have had nothing but good servic from them.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
It amazes me how a post that starts out in regards Delta Shuttle and an operator who has nothing to do with NW mutates in to a NW bash.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I have had nothing but good servic from them.
Ditto.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shuttle America and SkyWest are my favorite regional carriers for any airline.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:27 pm

Having flown ATL-PHL in Y on a 175 a couple of years ago, I'd have zero problem sitting in Y on a 175 for a flight the duration of BOS-LGA. OP, have you actually been on a 175? I loathe CRJs (although the 900 isn't bad in F), but the 175 is light years away from those.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA *G
Seems like everyone except mainline DL got dissed in that post..

S5's pilots are among the more experienced from the regionals.. definitely not fresh out of puberty.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Having flown ATL-PHL in Y on a 175 a couple of years ago, I'd have zero problem sitting in Y on a 175 for a flight the duration of BOS-LGA. OP, have you actually been on a 175? I loathe CRJs (although the 900 isn't bad in F), but the 175 is light years away from those.
I've been on the 175, and my issue is not with the aircraft, its with pilots flying for regional's that have far less experience in the air than Delta mainline pilots. Not to suggest that there aren't excellent regional airlines and pilots, I am certain there are; I prefer, however, to fly with the post-puberty crowd and I have the highest of confidence in DL mainline pilots.

I have no experience with Shuttle America.

Last edited by H3A3H3; Apr 25, 2009 at 7:48 pm
Old Apr 25, 2009, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I've been on the 175, and my issue is not with the aircraft, its with pilots flying for regional's that have far less experience in the air than Delta mainline pilots. Not to suggest that there aren't excellent regional airlines and pilots, I am certain there are; I prefer, however, to fly with the post-puberty crowd and I have the highest of confidence in DL mainline pilots.
Having flown on numerous carriers with pilots of many different ages, I can tell you without a doubt, I have always taken off and landed. How do I know these pilots are properly trained and have confidence in them? I'm still alive.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:24 pm

Well, as a flight attendant for Shuttle America I can tell you that I have confidence in my pilots, otherwise I would have been long gone. As a FA of 14 years, I've been around the block and know good from bad, mature from immature. Most of our guys are at LEAST in their 30's and for the majority, they've been flying at past airlines for quite awhile(Piedmont/Chautauqua/original Shuttle America/Mesa/Pinnacle...the list goes on.), not to mention all the time in as private pilots. THey are a professional group of men/women.

Shuttle America does ALL the LGA-DCA flights and certain BOS-LGA flights. And also BOS-DCA flights.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Back to the original question.......

"Does anyone know when Shuttle America began operating Delta Shuttle flights?"

Specifically, the BOS-LGA route?

IndyWA: great to hear your confidence in your pilots. Thank you.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Does anyone know when Shuttle America began operating Delta Shuttle flights?"

Specifically, the BOS-LGA route?

IndyWA: great to hear your confidence in your pilots. Thank you.
On February 12, 2003, Chautauqua Airlines announced that it had reached agreement with America West Airlines to end the marketing agreement for the twelve ERJ 145’s operating under the America West Express program. The aircraft would transition to the Delta Connection program beginning in April of 2003, with all 12 aircraft entering Delta Connection service by July of 2003.
http://www.shuttleamerica.com/sub-shuttle.html#
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They started in 2003, but it wasn't until this year that they took over the LGA-DCA service--
http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...n-routes_N.htm
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:45 pm

A few months ago we took over the full DCA-LGA shuttle...we just started the random BOS-LGA shuttles this month (it's only a few)
Old Apr 25, 2009, 8:45 pm

The E-175 first appeared on the Shuttle route last November.

The plane seems to be a good fit for the route, free up the MD-88s for other routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.