Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AirFrance.us shows award seats, Delta does not see them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirFrance.us shows award seats, Delta does not see them

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I booked CDG-LAX for mid July no problem. Plenty of seats on various dates. Showed up on DL.com and EF.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by roknroll
I booked CDG-LAX for mid July no problem. Plenty of seats on various dates. Showed up on DL.com and EF.
There seems to be a discrepancy between O, which shows on EF (50k each way award and upgrade to J) available now far in advance and whatever it is AF makes available only to Flying Blue members, at the same price but closer to the date (and does not show on EF, and different from C).
Really confused
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:02 am

I gave up waiting for the AF issues to be resolved, found a KL itinerary (less convenient, but bookable) and held it. When I returned later to redeem it, I saw that someone had changed my itinerary to a different routing, entirely on DL metal. I redeemed immediately as the new routing was more convenient and they honored the Low price of my previous itinerary (otherwise only available at High).

The KL flights are no longer bookable (they appear in the list but error out when selected). All very strange.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by blagger
I gave up waiting for the AF issues to be resolved, found a KL itinerary (less convenient, but bookable) and held it. When I returned later to redeem it, I saw that someone had changed my itinerary to a different routing, entirely on DL metal.
Wow that's very disturbing
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
Wow that's very disturbing
+1. And despite it being better for the poster, did DL even notify that pax?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
(cross posting)

On September 13, 2012, a memo was sent to all front line (res) informing that
(a) AF will no longer offer SWU upgrades to J. Same memo informs that
(b) AF vastly reduced the inventory of "O" for miles, and that
(c) KL upgrades will not be offered on "M" fare anymore, but only on fully upgradable fares.

That makes the publication on delta.com
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...erts/index.jsp

plain incorrect. I would even go as far as blaming delta in direct misleading. I believe that a delta representative should step into the discussion now and provide some explanations.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
@deltaassist responded to my request change CDG-IAD on AF W-class that I purchased before the new "policy" to an AMS-IAD on KL (SWUs are available), unfortunately the KL flight fare difference is $900 more:

"At this time the problem hasn't be resolved with SWU's being available to be used on Air France. ^

We will allow a change to KLM without the penalty, however the fare difference will apply. ^"
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLroads
(cross posting)

On September 13, 2012, a memo was sent to all front line (res) informing that
(a) AF will no longer offer SWU upgrades to J. Same memo informs that
(b) AF vastly reduced the inventory of "O" for miles, and that
(c) KL upgrades will not be offered on "M" fare anymore, but only on fully upgradable fares.

That makes the publication on delta.com
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...erts/index.jsp

plain incorrect. I would even go as far as blaming delta in direct misleading. I believe that a delta representative should step into the discussion now and provide some explanations.
Wow, and DL has not notified it's customers? Even when people are still selecting SWU's? That's just dishonest if you ask me.

Anyone know when the effective date for no more SWU's on AF is?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Wow, and DL has not notified it's customers? Even when people are still selecting SWU's? That's just dishonest if you ask me.

Anyone know when the effective date for no more SWU's on AF is?
The question is does the the cross-post your quote accurately reflect the actual thread or at least the OP as quoted originally at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...remium-w.html?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:30 pm

Nope, I didn't get any notification.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:24 pm

Great, this figures. I booked a JFK>CDG flight on DL 2 weeks ago in hopes of using a SWU to get to Affaires. As with everyone else, the Flying Blue website shows classic upgrade availability, but both EF and DL show no O availability. Leaving next week, so I guess I'm screwed. I would have bought BA if I had known this was going to happen.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dmurray1414
Great, this figures. I booked a JFK>CDG flight on DL 2 weeks ago in hopes of using a SWU to get to Affaires. As with everyone else, the Flying Blue website shows classic upgrade availability, but both EF and DL show no O availability. Leaving next week, so I guess I'm screwed. I would have bought BA if I had known this was going to happen.
May I suggest you also sent a complaint email to delta? The more we are, the best chances we have to be heard.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: all
I am finding almost no seats on KLM also using EF. Do you think both AF and KLF are affected or is it just AF. I can see flights on EF on AF (o) from CDG to non USA destinations but cant really find anything at all to the USA
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by vgb2001
May I suggest you also sent a complaint email to delta? The more we are, the best chances we have to be heard.
As stated in the other thread, I will be complaining.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
I have sent a total of 3 email complaint letters so far. It feels like we have lost our two major partners now which, for me, makes the program much less valuable, especially the loss of AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.