Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No AC on Delta 1988 SFO-DTW red eye

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
While I'm not defending Delta in this case, as a 1M, I would imagine you're experienced enough to know that airplanes (and pretty much any other artificial and natural environment humans exist in) can have unpredictable temperatures. When you can't easily leave the environment, you prepare yourself - wear layers, and bring a jacket/sweater.

Did you try to complain to the FA? Often, they can do something about it...

I'm sure if you complain to Delta, you'll get some miles out of it... I just did my first MR over the weekend, and "unfortunately", I have absolutely nothing to complain about....(no extra miles for complaining) :-)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bubbashow
IME experience this summer, DL aircraft have been horrendously-hot on the ground. It seems right when it gets to the point of complete suffocation, they finally turn on the APU. Makes me not want to pre-board anything. It is a punishment and not a perk.
I couldn't agree more. I've been on too many like that this year. My most recent flight had heat on in the cabin twice taking off from a 90 degree day. That was after freezing the place out twice. The air above only puts out stuffy fan air most of the time.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Originally Posted by andysnaks
There was no window and thus no room on my left. Second, there was no air conditioning spouts at all in the plane..
Darn it, there went my suggestion of rolling the window down...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by jsrdelta
I couldn't agree more. I've been on too many like that this year. My most recent flight had heat on in the cabin twice taking off from a 90 degree day. That was after freezing the place out twice. The air above only puts out stuffy fan air most of the time.
Just got off the MSP-SLC bus.
Same thing, hot and sticky. vinyl seats don't help the matter either.
Last week from STL to MSP the A/C was broken as it has been on at least one other flight this summer.

So yes, it has been very hot in these planes lately
Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Just close your eyes and make believe you are on a KE flight. Those are always hot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.