Wiki Posts
Search

So close to DM...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
So close to DM...

Only thing worse than waiting to hit DM is being 1070 MQM's away and having the outbound side of my next trip (TPA-ATL-MSY) only get me 1000. I'll hit it on the return but maybe I'll get lucky and be able to SDC through MEM to reach the magic number on the outbound.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
It's that time of the year, now till the end of it!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 122554
It's that time of the year, now till the end of it!
With rollover I think it's been "that time of year" since around January...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

I think I'll actually get about 40k beyond DM before year end so I should be in good shape for next year too.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by pdisme
I think I'll actually get about 40k beyond DM before year end so I should be in good shape for next year too.
can;'t believe no other airlines haven't started anything similar yet. I've had a banner year and will get close to 300,000 MQM for the year. I'll continue to fly Delta cause that only increases my rollover for next year and the year after that.

AND, I no longer buy international M fares since they soared past the $4200 mark. Instead, I take a back seat and watch the seat mapper of the flight I will be on dwindle down until it seems obvious that there will be op-ups on the flight. As DM, your sitting pretty with a free ride up front.

This will be my 2nd consecutive year without choosing the SWU's.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
This will be my 2nd consecutive year without choosing the SWU's.
What benefit did you take instead? I've been going back and forth for months on whether to gift my wife gold or go with SWU's that I can use on her.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by pdisme
What benefit did you take instead? I've been going back and forth for months on whether to gift my wife gold or go with SWU's that I can use on her.
for my plat choice, I take the $200.00 credit, and DM I take the 25,000 miles and the $200.00.

For me, the other options don't work. My wife is usually gold anyway and the others are not really all that appealing.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Originally Posted by dcline414
With rollover I think it's been "that time of year" since around January...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.