Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyWest plane stolen from St. George UT airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyWest plane stolen from St. George UT airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
CNN is now reporting the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/17/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Delta Tail Painted Over

Looks like SkyWest hastly painted over the Delta tail colors before moving. Check out this local news story. You can see the firsts few photos have the Delta tail but by the time the plane is lifted it's mostly white.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by BankerBoy414
Given that the FBI is investigating, not likely.
Yes, FBI & TSA will have more investigation against the murder suspect. How did he sneak beyond at secure area? Did he climb the fence. How could be happening to him? No one ever sneaks beyond at secure area. The LEO will have more extra patrol around the perimeter.

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Thankfully, no one was injured, and hopefully that CRJ200 is a write off.....
No, they won't even write it off. The CRJ-200 is here to stay. They aren't going anywhere.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Looks like SkyWest hastly painted over the Delta tail colors before moving. Check out this local news story. You can see the firsts few photos have the Delta tail but by the time the plane is lifted it's mostly white.
HA! I guess Delta decided that the needle-stuffed turkey sandwiches were enough bad press for one day, huh?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, they won't even write it off. The CRJ-200 is here to stay. They aren't going anywhere.
Except for all the 717s that are intended to replace the CRJ-200s...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by javabytes
Wrong.

1) There will still be plenty of CRJ-200s around after the full compliment of 717s come on line.

2) It'll be a trickle down. They will replace the next smaller size jet, and so on, and so forth.

---------------------

As for those who think this is one less in the fleet? Think again. There will be a replacement online in a matter of time. There are still plenty of ex-Indy birds sitting in Tucson.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DXjr
Wrong.

1) There will still be plenty of CRJ-200s around after the full compliment of 717s come on line.
Of course there will be some. But they're hardly "here to stay" and not "going anywhere". The fleet size will see a hefty reduction.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wrong! There is no such thing. They won't even replacing the CRJ. Sorry! You got wrong answer.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course there will be some. But they're hardly "here to stay" and not "going anywhere". The fleet size will see a hefty reduction.
Yes, I am already told him and DL won't even replacing the CRJ. I was right that I said CRJ-200 is here to stay and they are not going anywhere.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
The guy was trying to flee from the law by stealing a plane Go Darwin.

I certainly am glad he did not get in the air. The TSA would have grounded all US traiifc fo days.

Is it true he killed himself because he realized that was better than flying Utah -> Bolivia in a CR200?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by exwannabe
The guy was trying to flee from the law by stealing a plane Go Darwin.

I certainly am glad he did not get in the air. The TSA would have grounded all US traiifc fo days.

Is it true he killed himself because he realized that was better than flying Utah -> Bolivia in a CR200?
You've got to be desperate to want to ride off into the sunset in a CRJ200.

Delta, take this as a sign that it's time to get rid of these Cramped Regional Jets: CRJ100 and CRJ200.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
Wrong! There is no such thing. They won't even replacing the CRJ. Sorry! You got wrong answer.
Seriously?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DXjr
Wrong.

2) It'll be a trickle down. They will replace the next smaller size jet, and so on, and so forth.

---------------------

As for those who think this is one less in the fleet? Think again. There will be a replacement online in a matter of time. There are still plenty of ex-Indy birds sitting in Tucson.
DL doesn't have any jets smaller than CR2's. They are the bottom of the DL turbojet food chain.

But, I agree that this won't lead to any fewer CR2's around. This will just take the place of the next CR2 that would have otherwise been taken out of service.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
DL doesn't have any jets smaller than CR2's. They are the bottom of the DL turbojet food chain.

Why do people think that DL is eliminating the CRJ2? They aren't. They are just reducing them to 125.

That said, the reduction only applies to the contracted lift, NOT total count throughout the airline fleet. The regionals are free to do whatever they want with those planes after they are phased out of DL colors.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
I was out in that area back in May/June ....and this is another bad situation for an airport that I believe was recently redone...I believe 4 college age young adults decided to go joy riding in a plane at the St George airport at like 1230am and they crashed and all died....same airport...same time of night and only a month ago...the airport has some security issues...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.