Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Amex Platinum 15,000 MQM for App

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador

Received an offer via e-mail for Delta Amex Platinum with 15,000 MQMs for successful application and $1,000 spend in first 3 months. Seems better than the standard offer but do you think this will go up before years end? Was considering getting this card anyway for additional MQMs... Now seems like a good time to snag one.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're expecting more than 15,000 MQM's?? Maybe you should make a counter-offer and tell 15,000 MQM's isn't worth your time for filling out the form.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:59 am

Anyone know if I'd have any issues applying for, and getting all of the bonus miles and MQM's, both the personal and business cards on the same day?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Received an offer via e-mail for Delta Amex Platinum with 15,000 MQMs for successful application and $1,000 spend in first 3 months. Seems better than the standard offer but do you think this will go up before years end? Was considering getting this card anyway for additional MQMs... Now seems like a good time to snag one.
That's the best offer I've seen for this card. I first got that offer last fall and I passed on it and kicked myself 'til I got it again and applied for it in the spring. I haven't read of a better MQM deal yet on any Delta Amex card.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Any idea why you were targeted for this offer? I'd really like to get in on that.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Ascii
Any idea why you were targeted for this offer? I'd really like to get in on that.
It's open to all medallions. Here is some additional info and a link from the Amex Delta 40K after $1000 spending thread:
Originally Posted by dcline414
If you're a medallion, there is a better offer on the DL Platinum AmEx:This promo earns 40k (useless) SkyMiles when you spend $1k in the first 3 months as well, but also earns 15k MQMs at the same threshold.

Not that I'm for earning MQMs with AmEx, but if you're going to sell your soul for worthless skymiles, you might as well get some MQMs that actually have some value in the deal.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:04 am

I accepted the offer in May, primarily to preserve FO for 2013, even though I will likely pass beyond the 1MM milestone later this year.

It is worth noting that the points post promptly, which I recall might not have been the case a year or two ago.

I have never seen a Platinum offer where the MQM bonus was > 15,000.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
It's open to all medallions. Here is some additional info and a link from the Amex Delta 40K after $1000 spending thread:
I logged into that site and didn't get the MQM offer
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by NYTA
I logged into that site and didn't get the MQM offer
Same here. It said I already have a card - which I do; the Delta Amex Gold.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by benrules
Same here. It said I already have a card - which I do; the Delta Amex Gold.
Here is the footnote on eligibility for this promo:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Here is the footnote on eligibility for this promo:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days.
I don't have any Delta cards as far as I know!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
is there a number or email associated with this that we could call? i got the current cardholder message but haven't had a DL card within the past 90 days.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
is there a number or email associated with this that we could call? i got the current cardholder message but haven't had a DL card within the past 90 days.
From the FAQs on the enrollment page:
Q. Can I apply over the phone?
A. Yes, call 1-800-223-2670. Please note: If you are applying for a special offer through an e-mail or online promotion, you must apply through the special URL link provided in the solicitation or website to receive the bonus.

Q. Can I speak with a Customer Care Professional to get more information about products before I apply?
A. Yes, call 1-800-223-2670. Please note: Customer service representatives cannot enroll you in special offers via the phone. If you are applying for a special offer through an e-mail or online promotion, you must apply through the special URL link provided in the solicitation or website to receive the bonus.
And from the legal jargon at the bottom of the offer:
Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97360312.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
From the FAQs on the enrollment page:

And from the legal jargon at the bottom of the offer:
thanks! can't see any of that if page states I'm not eligible.

edit: called about offer. agent initially wanted an RSVP code. told him the about the number referenced above and still couldn't really use it, i don't believe.

regardless, i told him the basics, and he asked me if this sounded correct:

25k and 5k elite after first spend. additional 15k and 10k elite after $1k in 3 months. $100 statement credit after first DL purchase to card. $150 fee not waived. applied and approved.

Last edited by mrredskin; Jul 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I called and the agent said that she was unable to offer anything else besides 15K RDM + 5K MQM after first spend + 15K RDM after $500 spend in 3 months. Any ideas on how to steer a phone rep in the right direction?

Much thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.