Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Delta 40K after $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Amex Delta 40K after $1000 spending

Just received an email offer for an AMEX Skymiles Gold Credit Card (business and personal) with a sign up bonus of 40,000 miles after spending $1,000 during the first three months. The offer might be targeted and expires on Aug 19th.

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/GVB9C8PF.aspx

1st year fee waived, then $95
Discounted companion certificate each year on renewal (~$99)
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Just received an email offer for an AMEX Skymiles Gold Credit Card (business and personal) with a sign up bonus of 40,000 miles after spending $1,000 during the first three months. The offer might be targeted and expires on Aug 19th.

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/GVB9C8PF.aspx

1st year fee waived, then $95
Discounted companion certificate each year on renewal (~$99)
If you're a medallion, there is a better offer on the DL Platinum AmEx:This promo earns 40k (useless) SkyMiles when you spend $1k in the first 3 months as well, but also earns 15k MQMs at the same threshold.

Not that I'm for earning MQMs with AmEx, but if you're going to sell your soul for worthless skymiles, you might as well get some MQMs that actually have some value in the deal.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for a link. I might actually go for it as I've been flying too much on award tickets this year and having trouble re-qualifying for next year status.

Btw, I'll take all your unwanted SkyPesos. They are not that worthless if you are willing to take off the beaten path routes. E.g. I redeemed 300,000 for 3x J tickets on new Alitalia A330 to attend Euro 2012 games: JFK-FCO-KBP. Already planning to redeem JFK-AMS-JRO next year.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by dcline414
If you're a medallion, there is a better offer on the DL Platinum AmEx:This promo earns 40k (useless) SkyMiles when you spend $1k in the first 3 months as well, but also earns 15k MQMs at the same threshold.

Not that I'm for earning MQMs with AmEx, but if you're going to sell your soul for worthless skymiles, you might as well get some MQMs that actually have some value in the deal.
Ahh crud - I got all excited at this post (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...0-mqm-app.html) then saw I can't get it since I'm not currently a medallion. I'm going to make FO on segments this year, but would have loved to get the MQMs too to hit it a little sooner and get rollover for next year (when I'll hopefully be taking some longer flights and requal on MQMs). Oh well...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
I have a personal Delta Reserve card. Anyone have any experience and success calling in and having a business card approved with the MQMs?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Teamstone
I have a personal Delta Reserve card. Anyone have any experience and success calling in and having a business card approved with the MQMs?
Was wondering the same myself.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Is it possible with this card to also earn American Express membership rewards points?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Is it possible with this card to also earn American Express membership rewards points?
No. Earning SkyMiles replaces participating in the MR program.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: lots of little things
There doesn't seem to be much positivism around this offer. I was also targeted for the 40K RDM after $1k, and not being a Medallion of any type, thinking about biting to bump up my "redeemable" skymiles account (now standing just shy of 70K).

The companion certs lose their luster quickly as they're essentially a $200+ ticket if I assume it's being partly subsidized by the $95 annual fee, and lower 48 only. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to use it, just hold for last minute emergency needs.

I do know of the stress-inducing process involved in procuring saver tickets, but I'm also fairly knowledgeable about less-than-ideal routings and how to eventually find seats.

Are there any other reasons to pass on this offer besides the PITA of booking saver tickets? Any reason why I shouldn't collect on both the personal and business? The terms indicate nothing is procluding from receiving both as I haven't had either in the previous 12 months.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dc333
There doesn't seem to be much positivism around this offer. I was also targeted for the 40K RDM after $1k, and not being a Medallion of any type, thinking about biting to bump up my "redeemable" skymiles account (now standing just shy of 70K).

The companion certs lose their luster quickly as they're essentially a $200+ ticket if I assume it's being partly subsidized by the $95 annual fee, and lower 48 only. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to use it, just hold for last minute emergency needs.

I do know of the stress-inducing process involved in procuring saver tickets, but I'm also fairly knowledgeable about less-than-ideal routings and how to eventually find seats.

Are there any other reasons to pass on this offer besides the PITA of booking saver tickets? Any reason why I shouldn't collect on both the personal and business? The terms indicate nothing is procluding from receiving both as I haven't had either in the previous 12 months.
I bit a few months ago and am now regretting it a little, as I'm now finding the DL Platinum a little more attractive for the MQMs and free companion cert, rather than $99 (which basically means, to me, $150 companion ticket on the Plat vs. $194 companion ticket on the Gold).

Now I'm deciding if the current promos for the business DL Platinum are attractive enough, or if I should just wait until my 13 months are up to upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, the 40k miles are nice and we'll hopefully be taking a nice vacation soon, but as my travel patterns have changed, I'm suddenly looking at making elite status on miles (instead of just segments), and I'm kicking myself for not going for the MQMs earlier.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
For me it said 35k miles after $500 spend.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Can anyone post a printscreen of this offer? I am going to see if I can get it honored calling it in, but I wanted to have the details handy.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:02 am

Expired Amex Gold SkyMiles Business offer?

I was trying to apply for an Amex Gold Skymiles Business card yesterday. The offer landing page says 30K miles when you spend $500. When I click on the "Apply Now" link on the offer landing page I get a message "This offer is no longer available." The same thing happens when I start with a personal application and switch to the business application. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks!
Chris
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msuroo
Can anyone post a printscreen of this offer? I am going to see if I can get it honored calling it in, but I wanted to have the details handy.
Here you go. Be aware that these indicate the offer expired in April - from OP it appears that the offer was extended, and it very well might have the same Bonus ID, but YMMV.

http://imgur.com/a/RSDNh
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by czeigler
I was trying to apply for an Amex Gold Skymiles Business card yesterday. The offer landing page says 30K miles when you spend $500. When I click on the "Apply Now" link on the offer landing page I get a message "This offer is no longer available." The same thing happens when I start with a personal application and switch to the business application. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks!
Chris
Tried this with the DL Platinum and Reserve cards as well. I wasn't getting anything on the many of the personal links but wanted a biz card anyway, so I tried starting a personal app then switching to biz - no dice on both.

Amex appears to have changed the landing pages for some of its biz applications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.