Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FO Upgrades 6 out of 6

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Definitely due to the 4th. From DTW to IND last week, F went out with at least 3 empty seats. Why did DL hold all 12 seats for BF upgrades? Unclear.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dcline414
Not automatically, correct.

However if you still want the upgrade, you can split the PNR (after selecting seats for companions), link the split PNRs together, then request an upgrade for yourself (and one other, if you so choose). If upgrade inventory is available, the medallion will clear at their window and the companion will clear at 24 hours. If it goes to the gate, both will be prioritized on the upgrade list based on their individual status and fare class (not together).
If you split the PNR, you are no longer on the same PNR, even if you link them.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
I could upgrade my dead grandmother on those flights! ABQ>SLC, SLC>LAS...

Let us know when the next time you catch an upgrade from LAX>JFK, MSP>ATL, DTW>MCO, THEN we'll be impressed...
DYKWIA, looks like someone is competitive. Thanks for your very helpful post. I wasn't bragging, I was asking why this happened. Everyone else seems to understand the post, we can't all be Kryptonium.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you split the PNR, you are no longer on the same PNR, even if you link them.
Right, but all medallion benefits still extend to linked PNR... companion upgrade request, extra baggage, SkyPriority, preferred seat selection (possibly with the exception of EC), etc. You just have to deal with a live agent, not a kiosk or OLCI to get the benefits. And if you put the companion(s) in EC before splitting, they should not be kicked out unless there is an IT glitch or equipment change.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
FO upgrades

for most of last year, my upgrades were running at 90% until recently. I missed a few upgrades earlier this year but my last two flights I am 3/4 segs on the upgrades.

I will be GM in a few weeks
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold

Let us know when the next time you catch an upgrade from LAX>JFK, MSP>ATL, DTW>MCO, THEN we'll be impressed...
Friday, July 6th, DTW-MCO, upgraded at window on an E Fare, well actually bought within my window, non status companion cleared companion upgrade at T-48 or therabouts, flight left with 2 empty F seats and no one on upgrade list with them trying to sell at I think $75 for upgrades. DTW-MCO might be the easiest route or one of them out of DTW, I fly this route 15 times a year or so and am 95%+ missed 1 that I can recall around the Citrus Bowl when State was playing in it. Companions are at or above 50% in clearing as well.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Preferred seats, no (although there was a recent post that made me wonder if the technology had undergone some sort of an upgrade that allowed this now). Baggage waivers, mostly depends on the agent at check-in. Online check-in will try to charge you, but agents are likely to grant it if you are traveling together.

If you are traveling with one companion on a revenue ticket on the same PNR, it will be requested automatically. If you are traveling with multiple companions, it will not be. If you are on separate PNRs, you will have to request it manually, though if there was only one compaion and you were originally on the same PNR and then split it, it is often preserved. I don't believe you can request an upgrade for yourself but not for a companion in the same PNR.
Can you split a PNR after the outbound segment has been flown? (Or anytime?)
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Not so fast, dude. I fly those routes, and on Mon, Thurs, Fri, at prime business travel times, there are Plats who don't get upgraded. SLC is quite elite-heavy. You and dead granny are both going to be in the back. ABQ-SLC is surprisingly hard to get, partly because it's mostly RJ700s with only 9 FC seats. LAS-SLC is has some flights on 752s and the chances are better there.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
ABQ-SLC is surprisingly hard to get, partly because it's mostly RJ700s with only 9 FC seats. LAS-SLC is has some flights on 752s and the chances are better there.
Huh?

The RJs have some of the best upgrade chances in the fleet! 9 FC seats out of only 65 seats on the CR7 is 14% FC. The 76-seaters are the only ones better with 12 FC seats (16% FC).

Some of the 757s approach the RJs in terms of F/Y ratio, but most mainline equipment only has 8-11% FC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.