Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

YYZ to ATL to GCM: international connection process?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite

Two Canadian friends are flying from Toronto thru Atlanta to the Cayman Islands, all Delta flights. Since ATL has been in the past very unfriendly in terms of international connections and checked baggage, can anyone tell me if the process has been simplified in the past year or so?

YYZ to ATL is usually a CRJ700 or 900 going into D-gates since you clear US Customs before leaving Canada. Do they have to go to baggage claim to get their checked luggage, then re-clear security before trudging off to find their GCM gate?

Just want to be able to give them accurate info as it's a tight 80 minute connection in ATL.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
You will clear border control (immigration, customs) in Canada and then the connection in ATL is just like a simple domestic connection. Delta will check your bag through to GCM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.