Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The LAX T5 - T6 Tunnel - more than you ever wanted to know

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
The Boardroom is much nicer and way less crowded than the Sky Club. But...I was a bit surprised when I asked for a Jack and coke, and there was a charge. The only free liquor seems to be very low shelf. Not a big deal if not a drinker, but for those who like to imbibe...
To expand upon this, the Boardroom also has a placard at the bar stating something to the effect of a three drink max. I have never tested this but between the bartender who serves all alcohol, the placard I just mentioned and the charging for alcohol that would be free in the SC - combined these could be the reasons why folks flock to the SC and make it so busy. Regardless, for me the Boardroom is still more appealing and relaxing.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does T6 have elite security lines for DL passengers? I assume DL passengers can't get precheck at T6 or can they?
Good question. It's been almost two years and close to 300k miles since, but I recall there were elite security lines. In fact, there were times DL had flights ex-T6 so this prompted me to use T6 as my point of entry (as we know T5 can be zoo-like).
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:30 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread so reviving this one with a little update....

The tunnel now has DELTA BLUE walls! When I say Delta blue I mean that dark blue that Delta uses for its branding.

I personally preferred the old white walls...made the tunnel look a little "institutional" but the blue walls make the tunnel seem to close in on itself...

It must have taken A LOT of paint to do the whole tunnel since that would have needed AT LEAST two coats of paint...but most likely more....
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Maybe they plan to hang some posters on these walls? Kind of claustrophobic I think...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Kinda reminiscent of the old ticketing to concourse tunnels.

Quentin's been there! (can see the old rotunda of the SC.)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Does anyone have recent pictures of the tunnel, with pictures of destinations etc. on the wall? I passed through in December but was unable to snap any pictures due to timing.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

Passed through it two weeks ago. They're renovating the t5->baggage claim section. New restrooms are going in in addition to an overflow tsa checkpoint.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Does anyone have recent pictures of the tunnel, with pictures of destinations etc. on the wall? I passed through in December but was unable to snap any pictures due to timing.
I passed through it in January but didn't get any pictures either, and none show up on Google. It is definitely a large improvement over the plain white walls. For those who haven't been recently, the walls have been completely redone with large photos of some of Delta's destinations (a few are partner codeshares) from LAX and little blurbs about each city. It feels much less sterile and actually looks like it belongs at an airport.
Old May 3, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
I was through 2 days ago but no pics, sorry. I did hop on the golf cart though, very handy. There is a lone Delta employee stationed in the middle of the tunnel seated on an office desk chair, no desk, but with a fan. With the right music and some light flickers it could be either David Lynch-esque or Hitchcock ... a bit odd anyway!
Old May 3, 2014, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Powers106
I was through 2 days ago but no pics, sorry. I did hop on the golf cart though, very handy. There is a lone Delta employee stationed in the middle of the tunnel seated on an office desk chair, no desk, but with a fan. With the right music and some light flickers it could be either David Lynch-esque or Hitchcock ... a bit odd anyway!
That's reassuring. It can be creepy to be down in the tunnel and not see another person or maybe just see some sketchy looking characters. Don't forget those security gates in the middle of the tunnel too, which also look scary (including the signs pointing them out).
Old May 3, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't forget those security gates in the middle of the tunnel too, which also look scary (including the signs pointing them out).
They always remind me of some horror/SciFi movie where someone is being chased by a slasher/serial killer/alien and the door slams shut either just as they come to the doors (if they are a "red shirt") or just after (if they are the hero/heroine )
Old May 3, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
They always remind me of some horror/SciFi movie where someone is being chased by a slasher/serial killer/alien and the door slams shut either just as they come to the doors (if they are a "red shirt") or just after (if they are the hero/heroine )
Now I'm going to have nightmares about the tunnel.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
OR....if you are the token minority in the horror movie.... They slam shut just as you are underneath them (Guillotine Style)...and then the opening title sequence starts...

Seriously when I used to walk that tunnel I would always pause for a second and give a good look to make sure they were secure/not moving before stepping through!
Old May 3, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Burj
OR....if you are the token minority in the horror movie.... They slam shut just as you are underneath them (Guillotine Style)...and then the opening title sequence starts...

Seriously when I used to walk that tunnel I would always pause for a second and give a good look to make sure they were secure/not moving before stepping through!
I do the same.

Now I'm going to have even worse nightmares.

Time to find my SQ teddy bear and sleep with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.