Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Lav for First Class Passengers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Lav for First Class Passengers.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Carbon
One of the perks of first class (whether paid, upgrade, or award) is that the lav is almost always available. If one coach passenger were allowed to use the first class lav, inevitably others in coach would observe that and say "Hey, that guy could use the lav up front, why can't I?" Before long the first class aisle would be filled with passengers from the front half of coach waiting in line.

When I don't get the upgrade, I may glance longingly at the comfortable seats in first, at the complimentary adult beverages, at the meal on the long hauls and at the clear path to the lav and also at Mr Hudson being tended to by his Skysherpa (tm), but to no avail. Like the Munchkins who can never live in the Emerald City, the denizens of coachland can never enjoy the richness that is first class, other than to pass quickly through the aisle on their way to coachland.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
The OP is a Gold...what are you kidding me? It is a known fact that Diamonds are the only Elite level allowed to use any Lav on an AC. I am not even sure a Gold should be allowed to fly in the same airframe let alone use the lav...outrageous.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:48 pm

I was in 4c on and MD90 MSP-SAN today. There were a couple of folks from coach using the forward Lav. It didn't seem to bother anyone. It didn't bother me either. Of course, I didn't pay for it either...I was upgraded^

It did cross my mind that this could be interesting fodder for FT and voila!

There was no announcement as to where one was or was not allowed to relieve oneself.

Of course, the FA's were being particularly nice because we were delayed over 2 hours and actually had to swap planes because the exit sign up front was missing the little plastic cover...but that's another story.

It was announced on my outbound to BNA that "due to safety" passengers must use the lav located in their cabins.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Don't feel too bad. I was in 3B the other day and had to go to the back and use the scums' commode because someone from Y came to the F cabin to take a 20 minute shiyte.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
The main official reason I have heard for enforcing use of which lav is that it helps to prevent lines at the front of the plane, right near the pilots' area. I was on a flight recently where the FAs were blocking access to the front lav area while one of the pilots exited to use the lav.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by moman
Don't feel too bad. I was in 3B the other day and had to go to the back and use the scums' commode because someone from Y came to the F cabin to take a 20 minute shiyte.
Well, I don't blame him for not wanting to stink up the lav in his cabin...especially if he was sitting anywhere near it. But, of course, his own ... don't stink!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Maybe I should clarify a little... I'm fine with the separations, I just was appalled by the way the FA handled it. It was quite rude. If he nicely asked me to use the rear lav this wouldn't be a problem.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:01 am

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
Maybe I should clarify a little... I'm fine with the separations, I just was appalled by the way the FA handled it. It was quite rude. If he nicely asked me to use the rear lav this wouldn't be a problem.
Well, if your point was the demeanor of the FA and not the policy enforcement/ non-enforcement, then by all means, send a note. We've all seen the good and the bad in customer service with FA's. I think it's important to make Delta aware of both situations. I try to send at least one "good" note for any "bad" one. And I pick my battles. (I'm sure DL keeps track of "the whiners" and your complaint number influence how serious they take the criticism)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kathnunley
Well, if your point was the demeanor of the FA and not the policy enforcement/ non-enforcement, then by all means, send a note. We've all seen the good and the bad in customer service with FA's. I think it's important to make Delta aware of both situations. I try to send at least one "good" note for any "bad" one. And I pick my battles. (I'm sure DL keeps track of "the whiners" and your complaint number influence how serious they take the criticism)
"I can only imagine your shock and dismay".

Should net you 7500 miles.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by avidflyer
"I can only imagine your shock and dismay".

Should net you 7500 miles.
I think they've lowered their allotments. I had more of a constructive comment a few weeks ago about how a mechanical delay transpired (legitimately constructive...didn't want anything) and got 5500 miles.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I think they've lowered their allotments. I had more of a constructive comment a few weeks ago about how a mechanical delay transpired (legitimately constructive...didn't want anything) and got 5500 miles.
Dear FlyAO2,

I was shocked to learn that you only received 5500 miles for your mechanical delay several weeks ago. I can only imagine your horror and disappointment at seeing such a small number. I have added 5500 miles to your Skymiles account. Please allow 1-3 business days for this to post.

Sincerely,

Delta.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:18 am
Suspended

DL F Lavs

Originally Posted by JimboM1391
Ok, on flight 2421 MSP-LAX right now. Seated in an exit row, was a gajillion of eleventy billion on the UG list, as this is a Medallion-heavy route and I'm a lowly GM. Got up to use the lav and quite a line was forming at the rear facilities, so I went up to the front lav, as there was no line. The F FA said, "I'm gonna have to have you use the rear lav." I replied with, "There's a line in the back." He replied with a shrug and walked away.

I understand that there's a "separation" of the cabins but come on! This is the FIRST time this has happened to me and the first time I've ever witnessed this. Is it worthy of a complaint to Delta or am I just whining? (Ok, maybe don't answer that. Ha!) I felt like a second class citizen by the way the FA interacted with me.
One of the problems is that the FAMs don't like many in line up front, so they restrict it to those in F.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
One of the problems is that the FAMs don't like many in line up front, so they restrict it to those in F.
I get that and it makes sense but "crowding " is a different issue. I also think the FA's can look at it for what it is and not put some false entitlement spin on it. The reality is the people in the back are EXACTLY the same as the people in the front. Nowadays, sitting in FC just means you really have no life and fly constantly (from someone who clearly has no life at all). Back in the day you had to have money to fly in FC..it had to be exclusive because only the wealthy could afford to do it. Today my 18 year old daughter who is unemployed can sit up front because she has status from dear old dad...it means absolutely nothing socially and those here who think it does need a reality check. The FA can use judgement and if there is nobody in the lav then who cares. It does not bother me one bit if the OPEN lav is used by someone from behind the blue curtain and it should not bother anyone else.

Anyway, I don't know why I am even wasting my time responding to this. Most in this thread are not Diamonds and as such do not deserve to be on Flyertalk.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, HHonors Gold
I've had quite the opposite happen to me. Recently, I was sitting near the front of Y and got up to go to the bathroom. The FA smiled and told me to go ahead and use the F lav. Probably because they were serving drinks and the cart was in the aisle, but surprised me nonetheless. The FA in F never even said a word. I guess it depends on the crew.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdheini
I guess it depends on the crew.
And whether or not you look or smell poor. We don't like the look or smell of poverty in First Class. It offends us. Next time just tell the FA you are not worthy and wait for the beverage service to end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.