Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How oftern are FC seats left open?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM
MCO-JFK on a 730am flight on a Thursday morning had what I believe to be 6 empty seats in F on a mad dog. I was in 2A and 1D, 2B, 2D, 3B, and 3C were all empty, and I was pretty sure there was another empty seat in F. I asked the FA if my wife could move up to sit next to me, but she wouldn't allow it. I paid for her ticket with miles.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bsagator
MCO-JFK on a 730am flight on a Thursday morning had what I believe to be 6 empty seats in F on a mad dog. I was in 2A and 1D, 2B, 2D, 3B, and 3C were all empty, and I was pretty sure there was another empty seat in F. I asked the FA if my wife could move up to sit next to me, but she wouldn't allow it. I paid for her ticket with miles.
Since you seemed to be in obvious violation of the "if mama ain't happy then ain't nobody happy" rule I have to ask ..... how long did it take before Mrs bsagator started talking to you again?

1 F/C seat when Mrs MM/PM widget is traveling with me means she gets the seat regardless of who's name is on the BP
Old May 14, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by pleasantsn
On NAS-LGA last month, the plane was full of non-status vacationers, so I got my companion UG and we had an empty seat behind us.
ATL-NAS and NAS-ATL both had multiple open F seats last week. I guess they couldn't even fill them with NRSA!
Old May 14, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bsagator
FYI, if you pay for your companion's ticket, but redeem miles for your own, your companion can be added to the upgrade list. Obviously a paid fare has to be on a separate PNR from an award ticket, but one tweet to @DeltaAssist after booking can get the PNRs linked and the companion added to the upgrade list.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
The seat could have just been out of service. They can't seat someone there if the seat back won't stay up, the seat belt is busted, or countless other issues.

I was on a LAX-MEM-MCO "direct" flight once as GM and they flew the MEM-MCO leg with me in coach and numerous empty FC seats. They said they couldn't upgrade me because it's a "direct" flight and I have to upgrade either both legs or none at all. The local red coat confirmed the policy and said that it has something to do with passenger counts.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dcline414
FYI, if you pay for your companion's ticket, but redeem miles for your own, your companion can be added to the upgrade list. Obviously a paid fare has to be on a separate PNR from an award ticket, but one tweet to @DeltaAssist after booking can get the PNRs linked and the companion added to the upgrade list.
This is incorrect. For companion upgrades, both the elite and the companion must have tickets paid with money. If either the elite or the companion is using an award or pay with miles ticket, the companion cannot get a free upgrade.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is incorrect. For companion upgrades, both the elite and the companion must have tickets paid with money. If either the elite or the companion is using an award or pay with miles ticket, the companion cannot get a free upgrade.
Well, I can only speak from my personal experience. I do not see anything published that would contradict what I PERSONALLY experienced in regard to this situation less than 2 months ago.

Perhaps it goes against *someone's* interpretation of the rules, but I would HIGHLY suggest that you try this first, and please report back if you are successful. I, personally, am 2/2 with this method.

I have only seen on FT that this isn't *supposed* to be allowed (though no actual reports of it NOT being allowed), but have heard nothing from anyone at Delta about this not being allowed the two times that I've done this.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by dcline414
I have only seen on FT that this isn't *supposed* to be allowed (though no actual reports of it NOT being allowed), but have heard nothing from anyone at Delta about this not being allowed the two times that I've done this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-suffers.html
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Edit: deleted... I was wrong about an empty seatin F, turns out it is taken.

Last edited by roknroll; Nov 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.