Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
And the last man out (straggler) is at the SEA SC, waiting for the SEA-DTW flight to board. It was a gorgeous day today, you could clearly see Mt. Rainier from Interstate 5.

David
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
And the straggler is finally in the air on the way to DTW and on the air with GoGo.

THANK You GOGO!

David
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by javabytes
If the event had been on a Saturday, you would have had one more. Sorry to have missed it, sounds like a fun event.
Well, we also had Saturday gatherings and you did not show up... what would have been better than having some 'ham sandwich' fella's near you?

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Maybe. .... I'd be KM but I prefer to stick with the 2% club.

-RM
Thank you for coming RobOnLI! all of you who came are top-tier customers, humans, and in my opinion- you are all kryptonium medallion material. ^ (OK, or the 2% club material). Now, all you need to find a card holder and state the magic sentence. Wish I can give you all TATL upgrades to 1P.... but even I get stuck in W now because EF says there is "O" inventory and DL's computer refuses to see it...

Originally Posted by tikiboy
As a local, I wish I had been able to make it.
Good luck every one and safe travels.
And we even had you on the maybe list for a very very long time... too bad you could not make it!

Originally Posted by BOB W
I gave it the old college try.....
He tried all the magics (paging mr. BogusRogus) but in spirit he was sure there. KM was one of the talks of the day at SEA on Thursday, and certainly a monument at the Friday events...

Originally Posted by DiverDave
And the last man out (straggler) is at the SEA SC, waiting for the SEA-DTW flight to board. It was a gorgeous day today, you could clearly see Mt. Rainier from Interstate 5.

David
Originally Posted by DiverDave
And the straggler is finally in the air on the way to DTW and on the air with GoGo.

THANK You GOGO!

David

Thank you for joining us, DiverDave Hope you had a safe flight! and thank you gogo public relations group for coming to stand on the right side of right. Especially when visitors had IRROPS, your presence really helped us find them and get them in.

Oh, and at this time- also good morning to our Seattle group (including the quiet readers). Hope you'll have a minimal IRROPS morning.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Maybe. When DL took over NW I was at 987K (or something like that) lifetime EQM. The small injection of lifetime EQM I had sitting in DL at the time pushed me over the edge. So technically I'm not an OG but darn close to it....

I'm also DM and also MM. I'd be KM but I prefer to stick with the 2% club.

-RM
So did you get the MM Hartman gift from DL upon making MM right after the merger?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So did you get the MM Hartman gift from DL upon making MM right after the merger?
I made mm so long ago that Delta was still giving out Tiffany travel clocks, which I love......got the Hartmann at 2mm.....WFhat will I get at 3mm? A passport holder?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by dedehans
I made mm so long ago that Delta was still giving out Tiffany travel clocks, which I love......got the Hartmann at 2mm.....WFhat will I get at 3mm? A passport holder?
No, you will get a new Rolex -- purchased by Delta from the same folks who sell them to vendors in the Istanbul bazaar.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Greetings from DL3 (domestic segment), on the way home from SFO, finally getting to use my gogo promo code (being awake on this flight)!

Thankfully, my UG dry spell has ended

Looking forward to the next DO, preferably one that doesn't involve the closure of a RES center...
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:37 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by bennos
Looking forward to the next DO, preferably one that doesn't involve the closure of a RES center...
As you probably know, DLroads and I discussed that very possibility more than once...
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Anyone for seconds?

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
FWIW - there is a doughnut shortage in the res office, and I will be there from 130 to 6...
We would have baked them ourselves if we could...

What can I say? by demand from the FT visitors community (and some readers), we had to conduct a second baking round. We hope you are enjoying it!

I wish I could be there... I can use some doughnuts as I finished them all last night... special thank you to raincityman who conducted the delivery service. raincityman, you can eat one too, I know you want to!
Once again, because we could not decide of a favorite one, we had no choice but to order all 41 different types. Please let me know if they reach a conclusion wrt the #1 doughnut

PS- We thank all the flyertalkers who already 'pledge' into the tribute (or shall I say, 'demanded' a second round of the tribute?)everyone who wish to 'chip in' for the second round can do that through paypal at [email protected] or you can email for the address, or pm me for an address for checks.

Last edited by DLroads; Aug 1, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
FYI, I've instructed the flight crew to adjust course to SEA. I showed them the pictures of the donuts.

(Before everybody goes and pulls flight status, I didn't actually.)
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
FYI, I've instructed the flight crew to adjust course to SEA. I showed them the pictures of the donuts.

(Before everybody goes and pulls flight status, I didn't actually.)

I don't know, your order would have made perfect sense to me as the pilot

A little note that just arrived from a center employee to the flyertalk group...

Originally Posted by D.T., Seattle Reservation Center
You are so kind! Thank you for the additional donuts. Please convey to everyone how much we appreciate the kindness of all the Flyer Talk members!

Thank you again,

D.T.
Good work, team!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't even get me started on that. This is one thing DL really fubared if you ask me when they took over WorldPerks (oh, I mean NW).

-RM
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:28 pm

Press Release: A visit report about the DL SEA CS center

For all readers, a visit report is now posted at "the gate"^

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...-to-close.html
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2015-now; Platinum 09-15; NWA Plat 02-09; Hyatt Globalist, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Back from SEA Res

Hello there, DLRoads tasked me with the doughnut delivery ... lots of excited employees today! Nobody at the call center knew about the surprise event, including the management of the facility, so it was a big surprise!

Lots of employees who weren't there on Friday came up and were very appreciative of the thoughtfulness. We also held some back for the night shift who were coming on later.

Thanks everyone who made the second doughnut delivery a happy day for SEA Res!

More photos coming soon as I upload them.

D (lowly Plat, striving for Diamond and Km status!)
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:32 pm

Hello doughnut boy!

I actually envy you... you got to pick ALL the doughnuts in the store... does not it feel great? and for such good purpose. I hope you were allowed one as well. Glad to see that D.Y. got to pick one this time!

Originally Posted by raincityman
Hello there, DLRoads tasked me with the doughnut delivery ... lots of excited employees today! Nobody at the call center knew about the surprise event, including the management of the facility, so it was a big surprise!

Lots of employees who weren't there on Friday came up and were very appreciative of the thoughtfulness. We also held some back for the night shift who were coming on later.

Thanks everyone who made the second doughnut delivery a happy day for SEA Res!

More photos coming soon as I upload them.

D (lowly Plat, striving for Diamond and Km status!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.