Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by RMAnalystATL
I just saw this post bennos it was fun showing you all a little look at the RES system with the call center staff. And it was nice helping DiverDave redeposit his award ticket--and showing the performance manager how easy it was to do and also fun lookin at RobOnLI many miles and seeing that he was "cheating" on us this year haha. That 30 minute session in the training room was a good time, kind of wish we could have spent a little more time or taken a call so you guys could see the flow. But at least now you guys know what we have to do to view AF/KL seats to ensure they stick and what the system we use to do this looks like. I hope you enjoyed that part! I know we all shared a few laughs
I can't believe I missed that explanation! as someone who occasionally 'lives' on the JV flights I am on the 'have to know it cycle!' Can anyone debrief me?

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Definitely agree! That was a lot of fun to understand and see the CMS system and understand how agents can use it.

Don't worry, RManalystATL, there's more DL travel in my near future

-RM
Thank you for coming RobOnLI. I guess all the explanations took place while group #B was getting a grand tour of the airport.

In the meantime, I just want you all to know that (a) I requalified for DM through 2/14. Is that good? (b) deltaassist greeted me (c) As a welcome gift, JFK baggage claim delayed my baggage (and many other priority bags), because skypriority is not more than a yellow tag attached to a bag at JFK . So, by the time I arrived home it was already into the AM time.

BOB W, your tag will be in the mail tonight. I will answer all emails during the day. Thank you visitors for joining. I will also post summaries from the Q&A's during the day, but I am paging others to post them as well (so we can max the understanding.)

And, I can't thank enough, so I will do it again--I want to thank our Seattle group people for allowing us to visit and say big THANK YOU. You rock, each and every phone call.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
The reservation division phone call today

Hello fellow visitors,

I just wanted to mention that I started sending all the Seattle group members who helped us organize the visit a thank you note as well (if you have received a card or a note during the day from the people at the center, please make sure to say 'thank you' to them.)

I talked with the center director this afternoon, and she has mentioned that the event was discussed and highlighted this morning in the reservation's division* conference call. The reservation's division is the one that is in charge of all call centers and reservation channels. They were discussing the details of the event, and were presented with the event's schedule, cards (in all languages), and details. I am happy that we, as a group, have made what I know each of you would have done personally- support the ones who always watch for us. I can tell you that they were still talking about the event today. Turned out that were were slightly short on doughnuts, though: D.Y. did not have any! I may need to arrange a delivery...

(*RMAnalystATL or any other individuals with better understanding of the DL divisions structure, please feel free to jump in and elaborate).
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by DLroads
Hello fellow visitors,

I just wanted to mention that I started sending all the Seattle group members who helped us organize the visit a thank you note as well (if you have received a card or a note during the day from the people at the center, please make sure to say 'thank you' to them.)

I talked with the center director this afternoon, and she has mentioned that the event was discussed and highlighted this morning in the reservation's division* conference call. The reservation's division is the one that is in charge of all call centers and reservation channels. They were discussing the details of the event, and were presented with the event's schedule, cards (in all languages), and details. I am happy that we, as a group, have made what I know each of you would have done personally- support the ones who always watch for us. I can tell you that they were still talking about the event today. Turned out that were were slightly short on doughnuts, though: D.Y. did not have any! I may need to arrange a delivery...

(*RMAnalystATL or any other individuals with better understanding of the DL divisions structure, please feel free to jump in and elaborate).
It was discussed on this weeks RES conference call (recorded July 27 actually) Just an excerpt of what was said by one of the VPs of RES:

"I’ve got another heartwarming story this week. Today, a group of six Diamond Medallions, two Gold Medallions, and 12 other customers from across the globe- Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Minneapolis, Tennessee, New York, and even Israel and Singapore, flew in to Seattle to visit our call center there so that they could honor and thank everyone for all of the wonderful service they’ve provided them for over 25 years.

And just to be clear, this was not a Delta organized event. These customers felt so strongly about the positive impact that our Seattle office has had over its many years, when they heard that the office would be closing, they got together and organized this visit as a way to show their appreciation, using their own miles and money to make their way to Seattle and celebrate with the team there, which is an incredible, incredible story. That speaks volumes to the impact Seattle Res has made on our customers all across the world. You’ve made such a difference for our customers, they found it important enough to take the time to fly across the country, or farther, to show their appreciation.

That gives me chills to think about. What a fantastic tribute, and certainly a well-deserved one for each and every one of our Seattle employees. It’s absolutely my hope that you’re enjoying that visit today and spending some good time with those customers for whom you mean the world. And a sincere thanks to each of you for creating the legacy that you have. That’s truly a remarkable story."

Kudos to you all for making the list of the most important messages that all RES agents across the company get to hear weekly! Quite amazing that you all showed how great FTers and Delta customers are and went above and beyond to help out SEA RES in the hardest of times! Thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
There's still the warm feeling of "oh yeah, how cool was that?" at the office today - Certain people who haven't been seen smiling in ages were just beaming as they made the rounds Thanks again for really showing us that our honest commitment to good service with a genuine love of what we do DOES shine through!!

I was actually told by a caller "You Rock" today -
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thank you everyone for putting so much effort into what you do. Wish I could've made it.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by DLroads
I can't believe I missed that explanation! as someone who occasionally 'lives' on the JV flights I am on the 'have to know it cycle!' Can anyone debrief me?
Oh, this is like a quiz. Let's see if I can get it right.
  1. Retrieve DL PNR in CMS.
  2. Find AF/KL PNR Record Locator in DL PNR.
  3. Open AF/KL direct access. (I forget what this step is actually called, but it's the AF/KL button at the top of CMS.)
  4. Retrieve AF/KL PNR via AF/KL Record Locator.
  5. Find the seat you want on the AF/KL seat map.
  6. If a seat is already assigned and you want to change it, find the line number holding the seat assignment and delete it from the PNR. Refresh.
  7. Find the segment number (not the PNR line number!) to assign the seat for, and assign the seat selected to that segment.
  8. Done! Wasn't that simple?

delta.com will still show incorrect seat assignments for non-DL metal, however airfrance.us and klm.com will both show the correct seat assignments (for non-DL metal flights).

(I think this is close but perhaps not exactly right. All res agents can do this, but not all do it regularly, so you may need a supervisor to help out.)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
[I]"I’ve got another heartwarming story this week. Today, a group of six Diamond Medallions, two Gold Medallions, and 12 other customers from across the globe- Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Minneapolis, Tennessee, New York, and even Israel and Singapore, flew in to Seattle to visit our call center there so that they could honor and thank everyone for all of the wonderful service they’ve provided them for over 25 years.
Ahem, Alabama as well.

And don't forget not everybody is home yet. Dov is still in Lost Wages and I am not flying out of SEA until tomorrow night. I have thoughts of trying to get out tomorrow daytime, but I don't think I'm up for the hassle of trying to SDC on an A fare.

Anyway, it was great to see everybody. Hope everybody had a safe trip home.

Meanwhile, I took the Boeing aircraft plant tour today, and also toured the Flying Heritage Collection which is also at Paine Field in Everett.

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Jul 30, 2012 at 11:09 pm
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
And it was nice helping DiverDave redeposit his award ticket--and showing the performance manager how easy it was to do and also fun lookin at RobOnLI many miles and seeing that he was "cheating" on us this year haha. )
Now I just need you to book some low level award tickets for me.

David
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
It was discussed on this weeks RES conference call (recorded July 27 actually) Just an excerpt of what was said by one of the VPs of RES:

[I]"I’ve got another heartwarming story this week. Today, a group of six Diamond Medallions, two Gold Medallions, and 12 other customers from across the globe- Florida, Georgia, Oregon, Minneapolis, Tennessee, New York, and even Israel and Singapore, flew in to Seattle to visit our call center there so that they could honor and thank everyone for all of the wonderful service they’ve provided them for over 25 years.

And just to be clear, this was not a Delta organized event. These customers felt so strongly about the positive impact that our Seattle office has had over its many years, when they heard that the office would be closing, they got together and organized this visit as a way to show their appreciation, using their own miles and money to make their way to Seattle and celebrate with the team there, which is an incredible, incredible story. That speaks volumes to the impact Seattle Res has made on our customers all across the world. You’ve made such a difference for our customers, they found it important enough to take the time to fly across the country, or farther, to show their appreciation.
They left out Los Angeles! (Then again I flew AS to get to SEA)
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Meanwhile, I took the Boeing aircraft plant tour today, and also toured the Flying Heritage Collection which is also at Paine Field in Everett.
David
Glad to hear someone took advantage of all the Boeing resources in SEA! Paine Field is a trek, but that production room is huge.
BTW, I saw a 787 test flight today, landing at BFI (Boeing Field) as I was driving to work this morning. I hope that means ANA is one step closer to putting the 787 on the new SEA-NRT route! (yes, I fly *A on special occasions)

Now on to the pictures!! I will post a few here, but please view the full album here.

Group Shot

Welcome

Top Pot Doughnuts

Airport Tour

This is where your bags go...

The most important cargo, our Cherry Medallions

Raffle for employees

Again, thanks for everyone who came and made this a wonderful event for the employees and all of us! I am glad I could spend my Friday giving back for their years of service.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
This was a very meaningful Delta FT DO and I truly appreciate all that DLRoads, Canarsie and everyone at Delta did for us. We appreciate you all very much. Sorry not to get the call center experience (you would not want me manning the phones any more than that poor GA in ATL wanted me 2 years ago...) but truly enjoyed the double tour of the belly of the airport plus the xtra cheesecake pickup....

Look forward to seeing FTers and DL staff again one day soon.
Dede
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by pleasantsn
Glad to hear someone took advantage of all the Boeing resources in SEA! Paine Field is a trek, but that production room is huge.
BTW, I saw a 787 test flight today, landing at BFI (Boeing Field) as I was driving to work this morning. I hope that means ANA is one step closer to putting the 787 on the new SEA-NRT route! (yes, I fly *A on special occasions)

Now on to the pictures!! I will post a few here, but please view the full album here.

Group Shot

Welcome

Top Pot Doughnuts

Airport Tour

This is where your bags go...

The most important cargo, our Cherry Medallions

Raffle for employees

Again, thanks for everyone who came and made this a wonderful event for the employees and all of us! I am glad I could spend my Friday giving back for their years of service.
Thanks for posting those pictures!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:06 am

liked the KM card sighting in the photos. Wish I was one
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by pleasantsn
Top Pot Doughnuts
Mmmmmmm. Doughnuts.

Time to check out and enjoy one last day in overcast (and perhaps clearing) Seattle. Perhaps the Aquarium....

And the sun just came out!

David
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Were there only six DMs in our group?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.