Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did not receive miles for Agoda booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond

Had 2 rather extensive hotel stays over the past New Year's season booked via Delta.com/Agoda for 2 miles/dollar spent. No Delta pesos credited yet. My inquiry email to Agoda's CS a week ago is still ignored... Similar experiences/advise? Thx
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
If it's any consolation, the one and only time I used Delta's mall, I got no miles either (Flowers.com)

I use Agoda directly and like them for booking asia hotels. For those unfamilar with Agoda, they are one of several asia-based "voucher" hotel bookers: You print out a voucher through their website, which you then present to the hotel on check-in.

They have their own frequent stay program. After a lot of bookings with them, I got a free stay with my Agoda points.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I have used Agoda about a dozen times. They are fine, particularly for booking those hotels where booking over the web is obviously insecure.

But the DL promo pisses me off. It is for Asian members only per Agoda:

"7. Only SkyMiles members who have a registered address in Asia Pacific in the SkyMiles database can earn miles through this Agoda-SkyMiles partnership. "

yet, DL mentions none of this.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Mine always post within 8 weeks of the stay, but I have an Asia-Pacific address, interesting pickup exwannabe
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks for this insightful clarification of residency restriction! I will have to write off those hopes to receive the miles. BTW, finally after 2 weeks I received a useless reply from Agoda's CS just referring me to contact Delta.com. Have to agree with others that my hotel bookings in Thailand through Agoda were trouble-free, however the good rate I received was not cancellable, and taxes were added at the final checkout page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.